Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Something to add to the list of animals I have seen in my backyard????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chevyfumes, Dec 3, 2004.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

OK,I wouldn't have believed it myself but my wife saw more of it than I did, she was getting ready to walk out the back door and we both noticed the goats were rather close to the fence looking kinda skiddish, thats when we both saw a fawkin cougar walking away through the brush and crossing our little creek.... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifNeedless to say I can run upstairs ,gather my shotgun and a handful of slugs, put on my nikes and be out the door, locked and loaded in about 20 seconds....That sucker was loooooooooong gone....Think I'll be placing a call the the dept. of fish and wildlife here shortly.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Damn thing was eyeballing those goats, what with the fishnet stockings you got on em' and the lipstick......... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Screw the scattergun, get yourself a good rifle. Sounds like you need a good mule also.................

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeap, it's that time of year that the big kitties get hungry cause thier regular food has come to town also. Goats are a easy meal, so it'll be back.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    get yourself a good rifle.

[/ QUOTE ] I got a good rifle but I'm sure the neighbors wouldn't like the idea of a 270 round going through their house... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gifWe are is tight proximity to other houses and the only legal way is a shotgun, I could use something else if I were defending my life I suppose, but 12 guage slugs will do a monsterous job at close range...Ans as far as the goats go, the poor things were shakin in their high heels.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifJust got off the phone with WDFW, their gonna have a field guy call me...So we'll see what happens.... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifThe funniest part of all is I through away my cougar tag 2 days ago... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Goats are easy, so it'll be back.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Then get yourself a mule. Apparently they are somewhat defensive................ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. paulmoon

paulmoon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Screw the scattergun, get yourself a good rifle. Sounds like you need a good mule also.................

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hey well....Kitty gotta eat too! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifMight wanna leave a bowl of water outside also (to wash down those goats) /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

Mule, who needs a mule? I can be rented out. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I have a good scatter gun as well.....

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

if it starts coming back and the fish and game wont do anything about it let me know and ill come over and call it in and we can get it that way and we can also film it so we can show it here on ck5 /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    if it starts coming back and the fish and game wont do anything about it let me know and ill come over and call it in and we can get it that way and we can also film it so we can show it here on ck5 /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If y'all do that, don't give us no pansy shotgun, one rifle shoot video. We'll want a full AWN automatic weapon, napalm dropping, Wagner filling the speakers cinematic spectacular on a scale to rival Coppala /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

12. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Keep them goats oughta there unless you get them a SAG card and pay the going stand in extra rate........ /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

what else have you seen?? i live in the suburbs and we have deer prints next to our fence line.we are the second house from the corner.all the houses they are building is chaseing the animals out of the woods. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif 8 years ago we saw deer bedding down at 8 mile and telegraph(a major itercetion). in a few years i'll hunt out my back door. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

No deer but I've seen coyote tracks and I know we have atleast 5 of them, I've seen an owl a bald eagle, blue heron, ducks , geese, pileated woodpecker and 2 other types of woodpecker, smaller mammels, nothing too major, but it's cvool to be surrounded by all these animals...I still can't believe what I saw today, all the neighbors think I've cracked...I dunno the wife saw it too.... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gifI carried my shot gun with me the rest of the day while I was outside... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Are you sure that the Jack bottle wasn't empty and you saw one of the house cats through the bottom? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Seriously, get rid of that thing fast. I'm pretty much against killing anything that don't need a good killing, but a damn cougar can come in and raise all kinds of hell with the animals and people alike if it has a sporting attitude................

Wait, wait; I've got an idea and I know this might be sacrilege, but might be fun..............................

Bait the SOB with some butchered carcass (deer, duck, chicken, what have ya) marinate the body in some sort of alcoholic beverage, something that would be tasty like wine and get it drunk and on camera.......................

16. boggerless

better safe than sorry. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif a regular petting farm. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Are you sure that the Jack bottle wasn't empty and you saw one of the house cats through the bottom?

[/ QUOTE ]I've been sober all week long maybe thats my problem... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifI keep trying to convince myself it was a coyote, but since they are about half the size of one of my goats and what I saw was twices as big and twice as far away as the goats were, I'm almost possitive it wasn't my kitty kitty.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gifThats it I'm drinkin tonight.... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

18. boggerless

dont do it, don't put kitty out. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

19. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

bubba, EXCELLENT idea! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

20. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

having watch wild cats from deer stands before "bobcats" if they are anything alike, they more in short but quick skimishes, hence why in 20 seconds he was gone, they are extremely smart and do way more scouting than attacking. ever watched a domestic cat watch squirrels? they are very patient animals, but the bigger ones just stay on the move for the most part, i'd bet he'll be back too, when food gets more scarce /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif