Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SOMETHING TO B#$%& ABOUT

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5HIGH, Jan 5, 2005.

1. K5HIGH

K5HIGH 1/2 ton status

Just a couple of words towards our judicial system. Christmas eve day i parked my vehicle in front of a bar for a couple of drinks with the boys for xmas. Ended up with a little buzz and decided to leave my car there over night so I wouldnt be breaking the law by ouil. So I come back the next morning to pick up my car to find it missing.??? Call the locals and sure enough it was towed. No posted signs no nothing. Go to tow yard pay $90.00 for tow fine and recieve ticket for prohibited parking(snow emergency) and no snow on the ground, go figure? Finally call on ticket today and have to pay a $25.00 late fee + $45.00 parking ticket = 90+45+25=$160.00 Merry fu##### Christmas. You do the right thing by not driving intoxicated to not indanger someones life and take it up the can anyways. Its all about the money, our laws are a bunch of sh##!!!!!!! Thanks for letting me vent! What bulls###!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Do right and your punished!!?

That sucks man---you do the right thing,and they treat you like a criminal....:mad: :mad:

A co-worker of mine lived near boston,one day he bought a different car,and he drove it to where he lived by simply attaching the plate from his old car onto it--(technically illeagal,but thats only attaching the plate--by law if the plate is active,and has an active insurance policy,even if you had an accident,the car would be covered with the attached plate--you will pay dearly when your insurance bill comes due!) BUT--he made it there with no problem--not wanting to get in trouble for having the plate on his "new" car without having transferred the registration to it,he removed the plate,and planned to go to the RMV the next day to swap it over to the "new" car--he got stuck at work 30 miles away
    by a suprise snowstorm(only 6 inches)so he decided to stay in town at a motel until the next day,and take a bus to boston where a friend would meet him and bring him to the RMV to do his plate transfer--when he got to his house with the plate all swapped and his new registration(at a cost of over 100 bucks) he was shocked to see the car was not where he parked it!!. A few bums in the street told him a cop had put a ticket on it,that said "must be removed in 24 HRS or this vehicle will be towed!!--and he said they towed it away at 7 am that morning,and told him the cop also said if they were loitering there next time he drove by,he'd bring them to a nice warm cell!...

A few frantic phone calls later,he learned his car had been towed away,to a local scrap metal recycler,and his car was in the line to be shredded!!--he called the place,and they said if he got there quickly enough,they might be able to save the car,but he got caught in traffic--and his 72 ford Torino was already shredded,too late!!
    He fought with the police at the station for hours,telling them he was going to sue them for the loss of his car and all the money he spent to register and insure it--they just laughed at him,and read him the ordinance that allows them to "tow away and dispose of any abandoned,unregistered,or stripped vehicles after a 24 hour notice--and added "especially during a snow emergency,when a parking ban is in effect!--he was screwed--no recourse--he hired a lawyer,but he advised him that it was "peeing in the wind" to try and recoup his losses! He lost over 500 bucks that day--and he also got arrested for a warrant while he was at the station yelling at the cops over the whole situation,for traffic violations...So I guess you might be glad you dont live near boston--

I'm disgusted with all the crap you have to deal with just to give your A$$ a ride nowadays--you buy a beater for 800 bucks,but the RMV says its listed at 2000 in the book,so thats the amount you pay sales tax on---you can file for an abatement,but 90% of the time they deny it,so you pay top dollar sales tax for a clunker--then the insurance,at least 500 per vehicle a year for compulsory coverage--then you have to get it inspected(29 bucks,IF it passes without needing a bunch of parts and work--and if it needs an emission test--good luck!)--and it takes hours to get a sticker too,a day off from work is almost gauranteed...:frown1: .

I'm ready to sell ALL of my trucks and go back to a friggin bicycle!!!
    Its getting so expensive to keep them insured and inspected,that I dont have money enough for gas,parts,and other things they need--and it doesnt make sense to have more than 1 vehicle when all you can afford to do with them is watch them rust.....its a good deal for the insurance company though--they wont have to pay any accident claims on my behalf,if my truck never leaves the yard...:mad: :mad: :mad:

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Were you parked in the bar parking lot or out on the street?

4. K5HIGH

K5HIGH 1/2 ton status

I was parked in the street in a parking spot where the meters are. you dont have to put money in them after 6:00 p.m. or on weekends or holidays. I guess I should just pay the ticket and avoid losing time at work and in turn losing more money. I wish i could mail the officer a nice christmas package of dog sh## with a merry christmas card attached. I guess tis was the season for giving and he gave alright! What a Richard

5. Emmettology 101

Is that street posted for emergency snow removal and no parking after a certain period of time? Are there any signs along where you were parked or up and down that street? If there weren't that could help if you want to fight it.

6. K5HIGH

K5HIGH 1/2 ton status

ACTUALLY NO SIGNS NO POSTINGS JUST THE METERS. the tow guy told me it was a city ordinace though.:dunno:

7. Emmettology 101

If you have time before you have to pay, might as well check into it. Maybe even call you local State Rep... They always seem helpful around here.

And in what time period were you supposed to pay? Doesn't seem llike that gave you much time.. I think in PA, you have at least 10 days.......

8. K5HIGH

K5HIGH 1/2 ton status

Ya its 10 days here too but i let it slide because of the holidays and remembered today which is the 11th day and they said "oh soo sorry" the lady did say it would take quite a while before a warrant was issued for not paying. Seems like theyre concentrating on miniscule sh## instead of putting the effort towards effective things?