Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sometime ya just gotta be rude

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Had a couple of guys knock on my door. I could tell they were here too push religion. I'm sorry, but I can't stand these people. I asked them if it was about religion, and they started in. So I politely asked them too leave. Ofcorse it didn't work, they started in with god this and god that. I belive in god, but I don't want so strangers coming too my home. I felt bad, but I had too get rude and tell them too get the f_ck out of here before they'd leave. Why can't they leave when asked nicely ???

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

because in their minds they are working their way into heaven and trying to do the same for you. Religious people have good intentions they just don't get when people really can't be brought to their train of thought or don't want to listen.

3. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Wearing one particular RUSH concert t-shirt seems to work.

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I know you can't, but I try to go to the door armed and crazy looking

I signed for a Fedex package in my underwear with a blanket cape and a bloody nose (dry air from space heater)

"Sign here please"

"gwunnnghahahhaah HACK"

"Thanks *giggles*"

The last religious people who came to the door said "Hello, wouldn't you agree that the world is a very dangerous place these days"

I said, "Yeah" and kicked at all the .45 brass on the porch

They gave me a pamphlet. Didn't flinch. Tough old ladies.

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

That is quite an image.

bahahahahahaha

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I slept on the couch about 10 feet from the door. I missed him yesterday, dammit. Dog evicerated my guts jumping up to the door, so I woke up this time.

I am king sleepytime, bow to me Mr. Fedex

7. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

got rid of the Jehovah's Witness bunch on their 4th visit to my door. I just answered the door naked with a bottle of Jack Daniel's in my hand. I invited the best lookin female inside, but they all beat feet outta my yard.:grin:

8. o2bjimmy

o2bjimmy 1/2 ton status

The worst is when they show up to your house at 830 AM on a saturday when you got one hellacious hangover. that happened to me a few weeks ago. LEt this be a warning to anyone in the SD area..... The Mormons are out in force!!

9. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

when they come to my house i just say i worship saitan and keep telling them saitan rules. nextime i think ill put on my devil mask from back in the trick or treating days and answer the door.:D

and if im out side and one of those jesus freaks or any other kinda sales men bother me i just break out the air hammer and make alot of noise. except if its the ups or fedex guy then :bow:

im probly going to hell, but its worth it :D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  10. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

This should be all you need.

doorknocker.jpg

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

:haha::rotfl::bow: That's about the funniest thing I've heard all month. Big M your giving me bad ideas.

Actually we had to print up an 8x11 sign, frame it and hang it on the front door. NO SOLICITING, RELIGIOUS, POLITICAL, OR OTHERWISE.

So far it's worked great except for one unfortunate dairy saleswoman. Generally people get it and just walk back down the steps.

12. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

this is what really works. I actually did this one time at my parents pad. For some dumb reasons I was carrying my Glock 9mm in my shoulder rig after I had just cleaned it and our doorbell rang. I was having a bad day. Anyway, I open the door and just stand there and the guys is like, "umm, hello sir, how are you doing today?" (eyes never leaving the gun) I was having a bad day, and I dunno why it came out this way but I said "ya know, Im having a pretty ****ty day so far". They guy was like "oh, umm, well, sorry to have disturbed you, maybe I'll try another time" (never did come back) and he then proceeded to walk backwards off the porch and to the driveway... didn't turn around until he was about 15ft away. I wasn't trying to be funny when I said it, but after I shut the door I couldn't help but start laughing my ass off.

j

13. AkMudr

AkMudr 1/2 ton status

You dont see satanists going door to door do yah? Geez. That stuff gets on my nerves too. Ive come close to tellin some guy to **** off becuase he started sendin me stuff in the mail after comin to my house and gettin told to go away.

Nice pic, Afro..thats badass

14. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I had a couple of them stop by while I was puttin' my new axles in and when I told them I didn't have time to talk they asked if there was anything they could do to help.

I said "sure" so they changed into some gubby clothes (packed in their handy-dandy backpack) and I went up to the shed and grabbed an old set of springs with the stock rubber bushings and told them to get those bushings out:

[​IMG]

After a few hours they just decided to leave after they only got 2 of them out and couldn't get the sleeves out.

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I don't think they will be coming back.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2005
  15. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

My wife grew up in a Mormon household so I don’t wanna hear about how bad y’all have it with them knocking on you’re doors. Her name stayed on what ever books they keep and had her down as still going to the Mormon Church for years. Not only did we have em coming over but they would start unpacking there bags trying to spend the night.:yikes:

Talk about resilient bastards. I tried the drunk thing (that’s a given with me), the crazy thing, the fanatical Catholic thing and even pawned off one of the Jehovah Witness pamphlets on em and they still kept coming back. The only thing that kept them away for a while was doing what Goober did, let em help with a little yard work I had going on. Little did they know I was taking out 3 dead pine trees along with a few red tip bushes that weekend. About 10 hours of me cutting and them loading up a trailer they where done with me for a few months.

Man I’m glad her name’s not on that book anymore but I could use a little help building the flower beds in the spring.:thinking:

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

customers used to hand me little pamphlets all the time where I worked. They'd always do it right after I handed them their receipt and they were headed out so I couldn't refuse. I usually took a can of carb cleaner off the shelf and had a mini bible burning. :D

17. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

I like your idea but they seem to have a problem getting past my dog. :D

18. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

They used to come to my door after dark. I asked them several times to stop. i finally surprised them by coming around the side of the house from the back door while they were knocking at the front, .45 in tow and asking them what they wanted. One said that they wanted to introduce me to Jesus. I told him (see this coming don't you) that I would introduce him to Jesus if he ever came back to my house. They must train to walk backwards, because these two did it well and without tripping in the dark.

I really don't have anything against them and I know that they are just trying to do something that they believe in, but when you wake the kids up (it was about 9:00 in the summer) you have to expect problems.

19. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

My wife had a sign made for our door that says "Solicitors not welcome, Girl Scouts accepted", which seemed to work OK for a while, especially with the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses. Right after the baby was born, she slept late one Sun. and these two old ladies came to the door @ 8 AM and rang the bell. I came to the door looking pissed and hungover (cause I was) and the first old lady says " I just want to tell you first off that we are not solicitors, we're not selling anything"

I countered with a growled/screamed "Yes you are, you're selling Jesus and I'm not in the market for any"..... "Now get the hell out of here" SLAM.

The wife wasn't real thrilled with me but she did laugh for a good while.

20. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

I have a very large cur dog and if he doesn't know you ain't getting out unless I'm there with him.

by the way he loves the UPS man, he feeds him cookies. :D