Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sometimes I hate life and being in a shipping black zone!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big_truxx, Jan 11, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I just checked out the nearest forward air location and thats in Boston, mass. Only about a 4 hr drive from me currently... kinda a ways off to use them. <sigh> Thats what I get for living in a poor shipping zone. :haha: Maine doesn't get the high traffic like a bunch of places get.

2. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

that sucks, you can almost get a homeless guy here to do it. to many people and shippers.within one mile there is 40 some trucking companies.

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well, at least you don't have to deal with customs...everything I buy becomes an international incident.:crazy:

Nearest Forward Air for me is Seattle, which is a 2.5 hour drive including the border hassle.

Rene

4. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

well thats true. I used to drive to new brunswick every weekend. Of course being 19 and male I was searched every weekend. lol but I have always thought you must sacrafice certain things for your quality of life. Thats kinda how it is here. I guess shipping is better sacraficed than living in NYC... ick I do not agree with cities much. Guess thats just the cowboy in me. lol