Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sometimes the more you stuck the drinker you get

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, May 17, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I can't believe that me and the K5 are both sitting at home right now...

This one was a doozy and I even broke the cable on the winch. Really high centered on a huge boulder that I slipped down onto. Right front and rear 4 inches off the ground. No trees around. Cliff on the low side. Nothing to winch to but a huge boulder the size of my truck to the left of me. Put two straps around it and hooked up the PTO winch and started pulling the truck sideways off this boulder. . Cable broke... About 15 feet back from the hook.

I had 3 young strong doods with me and the dog. We were up there in the hills behind my place going after thier Sammy that got stuck and they asked me for help. No problem I said. Pile in and let's go get your truck. Geeesh... You can't believe where they tried to take that thing. And I could have easilly got them back out if I had just been able to stay on the trail and not slide down on to that huge boulder.

So after some time and starting to think that we were all going to have to hike out of here in the dark if we stayed much longer, I got out the trusty army fold up shovel and we started digging. I gave the orders and these guys used thier hands, feet, rocks and the shovel and we built a ramp. We used the high lift to inch the truck up higher and higher a little at a time and built a ramp under the tires as we did. Finally I got in and fired her up and nudged her into reverse and backed right up and over that huge boulder and out we went.

Once we were out of danger the one guy said "Hey! What about my Samuri?"... It turns out that the reason he was stuck was only because his clutch gave out and he had expected me to tow him all the way out. I could have done that but it was getting dark and I was on all fours again and pointed towards my house and the beer so I told him that he was only gonna get it outta there if he went out and got some tools and some parts and rebuilt the clutch right there on the spot. He agreed and we went back to my place, cracked a few beers, got some pats on the back from these young yahoos and they went home...

Prolly see them here again tomorrw and they're gonna want a ride back up. First I gotta do some pounding on my truck because both the doors dont open now ... LOL!! Geesh what a night... It's so nice to be back home.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I just got home from pulling out a 2wd Tacoma. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif The idiots decided that they can go play in the river bed by my house. Now remember its dry and the sand is fawkin soft. So I get down there and they have the fawker buried all the way to the center of the rear wheel. So im like alright ill hook the strap on em and yank em in reverse. Well that was working fine, but the idiot driving couldn't drive for [naughty word]. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

So I told him I would blaze a trail to the front on his truck and pull him forward till I get a spot to turn him around in. So were truckin along and I find a spot no problem. Whip that sum-bitch around and get headed the right way. Chuggin along again and the idiot driver once again gets it stuck with me pulling him! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

So I dick around with it a little and dig a little and tell him what im gonna do and what he should do and I get setup and get some momentum into this tug cause its gonna need it to pop this toyota out. So I get a running start and I hit the end of the strap and hear BLAM! im thinkin to myself what the hell just broke. Well both the truck are still movin so thats good, but he decides to stop /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif and looses all of his momentum AGAIN in the sand.

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif At this point im getting pretty fed up cause the guy just wont realize that his brand fawking new toyota tacoma prerunner is going to get some damn scratches. Well we start lookin and I bent the guys factory tow hook pretty good and even tweaked the frame a little. OOPS! I didnt tell him the full extent of the damage cause I didnt want to get blamed for it. Well I get him movin again and were cruizin along and I think he gets it stuck one more time before we hit pavement again. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Finally get to the pavement and un expectedly he gives me $20 bucks for an hours worth of work and getting him unstuck. Not too bad but the poor guy's truck is scratched all to hell from the overgrowth down in the river bed and he needs to take it to the dealer and get his tow hook replaced and frame tweaked back to normal.

Leason learned during this story is that 2wd Tacoma's suck in the sand and this guy can't drive for [naughty word] in the dirt. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

You can't believe how many 2wd trucks get stuck in the sand in the creek by my place. I don't know what these guys are thinking.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I don't know what these guys are thinking....

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not thinking ...... that's the problem. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Did ya at least tell him to air down before you went any further? Street pressure will get ya pretty damn stuck in sand in an aweful hurry!

Rene

6. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

No, I thought about having him air down but I doubt the idiot would have aired back up. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif