Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sometimes things go wrong

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Snowbound, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Snowbound

Snowbound Registered Member

Yesterday I was driving home from town. I just get past where my wife works and my truck quits. I walk across the street to get her truck and go to the auto parts store. I get a can on starting fluid and spray the carb it fires then dies. Disconnect the fuelline no gas back to the auto parts store for a fuel pump. Pick up a friend to help me out. We start to put it back together and it starts raining hard I also have my son with me. Taking off the fuel line and it kinks can't put it back on. I go get some rubber fuelline cut the steel line and install the rubber line I only have one hose clamp. Have to take the hose clamp off the hose to the overflow tank. The my son falls in the wet grass and hurts his arm. Great I'm never going to get this done. Finally it runs. Take my wife's truck back to her and as me and my son are walking across the street it starts raining again but at least the truck runs. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    at least the truck runs. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I love stories with a happy ending. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

wow...eventful day...kid's ok, you're ok and the truck runs..but the wife will never let you live down "my truck is better than yours", right? lol

4. Snowbound

Snowbound Registered Member

Kid is fine just scraped his arm. The way he was crying I thought he broke it

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Sounds like an interesting day, but at least it wasn't "rod through the block" or "Half the tranny laying on the highway"

Hey! North Dakota! Come visit me soon! Free meat and beer!

6. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

That sounds like every day when I wake up.....

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that sucks but at least your kid is ok and your truck runs again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

welcome to my world..make your self comfortable! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. GM Man

GM Man 1/2 ton status

Had the exact same thing happen to me, except I didnt have my son yet, and it was 10pm when my step Dad and I were changing out the fuel pump. Fun in the rain isnt it! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

10. FWP

FWP CRS

Hmmm, sounds like somebody I know /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

See here.......... S.O.L.

His title isn't SOL for nothing /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sometimes things go wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

On friday on the way to work, my starter was dragging and being late to work, I shut off ignition and turn key back on with truck in motion, BOOM backfire blows and muffler explodes wrapping itself around driveshaft. I crawl under, unwrap the twisted sheet metal and continue to work in a very loud K30. Did I mention the starter dragging?
    On the way home the starter falls out of block due to two broken bolts and falls upon Dana 60 axle and shorts out entire elctrical system. (truck still running, but bad part of town, getting dark, no headlights. Drives about 5 miles further and dies next to Flying J truckstop a mile from home. Call wife, disconnect battery, wife picks up and smokes clutch in Blazer pulling me home. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Now that sounds like one of my days....

Just ask any of my brothers, they will vouch for that....

13. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

Hey Travis give me an Email - since your's isn't listed. Found a Woodgrain Dash Bezel. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Later, Shane

14. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

i'll be short
    truck hasn't run in 2 months
    i almost get done- need new clutch hose, easy right? WRONG! don't make that size fittnig anywhere, i got to 3 hydraulic shops, advance, tractor supply, napa, autozone- nobody. finally, i realize i'm an asstard and am going to have them use the old fittings on a new line. don't we all have to, at some point or another, realize we are all asstards deep down?

i have the strangest feeling some of that might show up in someone's signature now. . . /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif