Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sometimes ya jus cant win for tryin..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by badmix, Oct 21, 2006.

1. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Im tryin to tone down the appearance of my Blazer and remove all the chrome and extra moldings and what. So, I was either goin to buy some LMC Black mirrors to replace my chrome ones or jus paint the ones Ive got.

I decided to paint them. I went with semi-flat black, turned out pretty good. It matches my bumpers, they are the same colour. Anyways, while putting the drivers side mirror back on, I dropped it. ended up breaking the glass and totallying my paint job on the mirror. So, I ended up jus ordering the LMC ones jus now. So, if anyone needs a broken drivers mirror and a perfect passenger mirror (both painted Black) lemme know (jus cover shipping) otherwise off to the dumpster they go. I jus dont have any place to keep extra parts laying around. Ive got the chrome wheel well trim peices that are in great shape if anyone wants them. FTF/Pick up in West Central Fl is best.

2. K5-newf

K5-newf 1/2 ton status

y not keep it for spares just in case u bring one off roading ??

3. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

I jus dont have space to store all my "extra" stuff. Eventually Ill have enuff parts to build another truck if I did. lol.

4. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

I painted mine when i painted my blazer. Scratched them up trying to tighten them to my door. Then they faded after about a month...

Found some stock mirrors and slapped them on, i may or may not paint them.

5. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Where are you located. I could use a good pass side mirror.

6. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Im in FLorida

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Fwiw....

Pep Boys and other parts stores sell just the mirror glass,if you care to try fixing it..--I usually visit the boneyard and buy stainless ones..I have to get one for my 82 K20--I broke the drivers side mirror when I was plowing (hit the door jamb of my shop when I backed it inside!:doah: )...

All I had at the time to put on it was another passenger side one off my van,with its "Objects in mirror closer than they appear"glass!..it's about useless,makes things look farther away!..I only put it there to pass inspection--now its time to hunt for another stainless one!..

Van mirrors are slightly different,but I used them on my 79 C-10 with no troubles--just the arm the mirror head mounts to is bent a bit different,they fit pretty good up against the door itself..:crazy: