Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sometimes ya just feel good about your job

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jeremy_C, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

This time every year, The sheriffs dept where I work hands out Christmas baskets to familiys who are underprivleged. This year was no different, today me and my partner along with 1/2 the dept delivered these baskets all over the county. The 35 we delivered where defitnaly needed in every household we went too. The looks on the families who other wise would have spend christmas as anyother day was priceless. We had 35 baskets, and probablly got 50 hugs. Some people even cried.

We went to one house in particular, when we knocked on the door a young girl probably about 4 answered the door. She got her mom and we brought the basket in, when she saw it she started crying. She walked us outside and told us that she didn't have the money to give her children a christmas. Well, we had a couple toys in the trunk and we gave them to the kids, they absolutley loved them. The toys were nothing fancey, I think was a generic barbie doll, and the other was a Toy truck.

When we left the house, we went straight to walmart and bought them a buggy load of toys. We went back to the house with a car load of toys and those kids absolutly Lit Up, I've never seen a smile so big on a child that small. They even got me misty eyed it was such a wonderfull feeling.

As bad as this job can be, stuff you see and deal with, moments like this that really touch your heart are what make it worthwile. I'll never forget the looks on thier faces, and the feeling I have knowing that they will get a christmas because of us.

Thanks for reading this, I just wanted to share it with ya'll

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Doesn't it ever bother you to see the not so good moments though, like when you go to a domestic dispute or drugs involved with a home or anything like that?

I know that would have to be one of the crappiest things is seeing people at their absolute worst.

3. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Yes It does.

4. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I absolutly agree, seeing peope happy is awsome, some times even little things such as letting some one cross traffic can make a day, I smile every time some one is curtious to me, it jst is a good feeling, can even calm you down if you are frusterated.

Also, last week I was feeling really down, nieghbor noticed, and made my suger cookies /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

made my day, I love people who go out of there way and I like to when I have a chance to do it too, makes the world better /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

People like you give me a little faith in mankind!

Merry Christmas

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I have a story that would fit well here but I don't want to rain on your parade.... So I'll put it up in a separate post... However I'm really glad that you get to see a little light at the end of the tunnel. I don't think I could handle a job like yours... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'll never forget the looks on thier faces, and the feeling I have knowing that they will get a christmas because of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your one of the Good Guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I spent last Saturday doing shop with cop here in town. I took the family pictures and then they had lunch and a puppet show and a visit from santa. Then they took 40 some families and 70 kids to Walmart to buy clothes and a few toys for the kids. It was really fun, and quite funny to watch some of the kids shopping! They where all pretty excieted, a few of the younger kids didn't want to try on clothes but they all had fun picking out their toys.
    Here's some pics I put photoshopped together of the day.
    Click for a pic (group of pics)

While they where shopping we had 5copies of the pictures developed and gave the parents one, the kids one, the cop one and the other two went to the police station.

9. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

that is awsome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif The world needs more people like you man /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

11. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yeah, charity work is awesome! My Dad and I delivered Christmas baskets with the Elks yesterday morning. Most of the people really needed the stuff, but some people, I wonder how they get on the list. We went into one house and there was a 65" flat-screen TV /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I mean, maybe it was a gift or something, but I just can't justify giving people who have a bigger TV than me a food basket.