Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sometimes, you just got to laugh

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 73k5blazer, Apr 24, 2006.

1. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

While searching for some information on the charging system in my 1973 GM Service Manual, I came across this. How much did they pay to guy to illustrate what happens if your improperly servicing your battery.

[​IMG]

I like the pipe in his mouth.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Funny pic! But batttery explosions ARE wicked. I know 2 guys that have been bathed in sulfuric acid when their batteries went boom. :yikes:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Were they smoking pipes at the time?:D

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Nope, just hooking up jumper cables...

5. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

When I hooked up my inverter/charger the other week, i tested it out on my old motorcycle battery. The charger is a 10amp tapering charger. After leaving it plugged in for 1/2 hour or so, i came back to it, and i heard strange bubbling noises coming from it. I think the charger was boiling the electrolyte? Too much for the old little motorcycle battery i think.
    But, I was saved, I don't smoke a pipe. :) , so the battery never exploded.

Seriously though, I was a little worried about it, i turned off the charger and just let it set for a couple of hours before I disconnected it from the wires, to avoid just such a scenario as the GM Engineers had depicted.

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

my buddy and i were working on a old ride on lawnmower, we got it running with a car battery, that really did not fit in the box, it was to tall.
    so we get it running, my buddy jumps on and i slam the "hood"
    off he goes, he getts 20 feet down the driveway and the battery shorts out on the hood, and blows up, sent the hood flying, and he dove off the side:eek1: :eek1:
    it was pretty freaking funny, more so after i found out he was ok:D