Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Somewhere between Flowmasters and glasspacks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by '73 K5, Mar 13, 2000.

1. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Alright. Simple question here. I had 3 chamber Flowmasters on a previous vehicle and now I'm running good old dirty glasspacks on my Blazer. I enjoyed both setups, but the Flowmasters were a little too quiet and the 'packs are a little obnoxious sometimes. What do you think would be a good "in between" muffler? Loud, but not insanely loud.

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Go with the Flowmaster 2 chambers, there are even 1 chamber Flowmasters.

<font color=purple>////////
    Go 79s!!!
    </font color=purple>[​IMG]

3. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I have the 2 chamber Flowmasters and love them. They are just the right loudness for me. They do get a little annoying after running 4000 rpm for 3 hours between gas stops on the highway though.

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

4. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

I have glasspacks on my show rig and love the the POP back they give and the growl they have when you are really getting into it. But on ly Blazer I have 2 chamber flows and love them. They have a deep bassy authorative sound, yet when I let off the gass they quiet down. im also FORCED to run 454 sized cats

5. 79Cheyenne

79Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

speaking of mufflers has anyone used the thrush turbo tubes? I like the volume of the glasspacks and was wondering what these turbo tubes do.

<font color=orange>1979 BLAZER Cheyenne[​IMG]