Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SON OF A !@#@! FREAKIN RUSTY @@##$ DOHHHHH

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bablazer73, Nov 8, 2003.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

well, I tried to be nice to my plow truck, you know, give it a nice tune up before I over work it in another north east winter. damn plugs are so rusted, there is NO hex left on them to remove them!! 1 hour to change 1 freakin plug! and thats ALL it's gonna get. try to change distributer cap? freakin screw breaks off in distributer!! go to take it out??? won't turn in the block!! so much for resetting timing! I now have a big wire tie holding 1/2 my cap down!! change fuel filter??? hahahah, not a chance I'm touching that!! busted a rear brake line just taking the bracket off!! This is the LAST year on this truck!! if it makes it!
    Just wanted to share my pain!

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

aren't they so much fun sometimes?

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Ahh, the joys of road salt... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I love working with rust... it's almost as much fun as having your ex girlfriend kick you in the balls! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

hahahhaha! That stuff sucks! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i feel ur pain man..sucks what this damn weather up here puts these poor old truck through!! i just bought an s-10..pretty nice shape..but rust has started working on it..driver coil spring broke from currosion i assume..so now it sags like an inch lower on that side..gatta replace that...theres some nice frame rot in the frame near the rear right spring shackle, proobly have ot weld in some support peices..and the driver floor is gone..but the outer body on it is pretty darn nice...i only got it for 100 bucks..thing runs great...so i think i got a deal on it..was just ganna be a beater but now since i got one that looks pretty good im ganna actually try and keep it nice lol!

7. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

rust is geat and all but nothing beats working on cold wet dripping vechicles in a pool of slush and salt water dripping in your eyes /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

rust suck's, when the road crew throw's it down (salt) like it's free, that's worse. my 79 was so rusted out that you could open the drivers door and stand behind the wheel.B S /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

man ruast must realy suck when its that bad. I guess im one of the few blessed with fairly rust free trucks (all mine is in the body which i could care less about)

10. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Doesn't matter where you are. I'm in Cali and not a spot of rust on my K5 but the smog nazis would love to chase me around with their ticket book. You guys don't have bad smog laws but that rust is a bi,tch( I know, working on a 79' ford from maryland) Doesn't matter where you're at something is a pain in the ass. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

11. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

this is true..true we have to worry bout rust but are smog laws are good hear..none of our vehicles have cats onem..and on my 86..there is NO emmisions on that thing what so ever! (of course my dad puts the stickers on them to so..lol)

12. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

rust? RUST??? You mean that reddish brown crumbly crap that won't hold a sheet metal screw but somehow will weld a nut to a bolt isn't what GM built my truck out of to begin with??? ..... this changes EVERYTHING.

13. 88jimmy4x4

88jimmy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You mean that reddish brown crumbly crap that won't hold a sheet metal screw but somehow will weld a nut to a bolt

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Now thats funny and true!!!

My Jimmy is originally from Kansas and Wyoming so I have my fair share of rot, but nothing like spark plugs rusted...geez, that sucks.

14. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Did your truck spend part of its life in a different state? Rust isn't very common in Colorado, at least if the vehicle was here all of its life. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Just wanted to share my pain!

[/ QUOTE ]

Heck! that sounds like one of my better days!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Well, living in the great white north, I know a bit about rust. There are vehicles near 95 that have rust here. Thats terrible!

17. fwdjunky

fwdjunky 1/2 ton status

I have no idea. I bought it from a kid in Woodland Park this spring with no engine and chevy badges, turns out its actually GMC by the VIN. Cab floor looks like swiss cheese and gives this weird twisty feeling under my feet when it gets crossed up. You're in the Springs huh? We've probably passed each other a hundred times.