Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Son Of A #@$%&^*!!!!!

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by wasted wages, Sep 29, 2006.

1. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

IF IT NOT ONE THING IT'S ANOTHER !!!!!!!!

pulled the 205 last night to repair a small trans fluid leak on the T400,,,,,,you guessed it,,,found the trans case cracked at the tailshaft end..

Having a spare built right now,,,,should be done by the end of the day,,,
    Looks like it's gonna be a long weekend.....

2. DIRKSTER

DIRKSTER 1/2 ton status

i have an open bay in my garage if you need to finish up anything when you get here. i will help with anything i can. its the least i can do

3. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the offer,,hopefully I won't need to use it,but it's good to know it's an option.

Yeah,, finding the cracked case was kind of a low point for me, as I had spent about 4 weekends finishing up other projects on the truck,and I thought the dripping trans fluid would be something simple,,like a pan gasket.

Turbo 400's are getting harder to find as it is,,and the one that just cracked was a "K" type case. ( heavy duty )

Looking back,,it's my own damn fault though,,,I was jumping the truck the last time I was wheeling, and found out the front driveshaft was bottoming out at the yoke when the suspension was compressed. I'm sure this is what caused the crack,,being as it happened at the tailshaft end.

I pulled out a spare trans from under the bench that I had torn down to put a short tailshaft,,and I never got around to finishing it up.
    I found a trans shop willing to take in a "basket case " and build it the same day. The builder is into drag racing so he "understood " my need to get it done,,,best part is he went through the entire trans and only charged 300 bucks !!

I slapped it in,,bolted on the 205,,filled 'er with fluid,,cranked it up.
    It's got first and reverse,,,so I'm crossin my fingers that the rest of it all works..

Thanks for the offer Dirk,, and I'll be headin' out Wed. in the am.

4. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear you got it all fixed up! See you there!