Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SON OF A............

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Aug 13, 2002.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

WTF? Why do you have to be 25 to get a decent rental car price? Does the goo in my brain at age 25 come together and make me a smart super driver? I know people aged 40 who aren't responsible at all, yet here I am 24 have a job, house and cars in my name but I can't rent a truck!! I need it for the bed to pick up some furniture and possibly a set of tires I'm trying to buy. I don't want a fat moving van, just a pick up. I can go out and buy cigarettes, chew and alcohol if I want too. I can vote and join the military and die for my country. I'm old enough to get married and own property and have kids... but I can't rent a truck... this is so stupid... argh!!! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

2. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Did you try Lowes?

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Yep..it does suck.

My cousin rented a car in Oregon,and drove down to Cali about a year ago,and he was 22. What up wit dat? /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

4. ChevyCaGal

Only if I get desperate.... they charge by the mile and hour. It's a 4 hour round trip for the tires alone in Oakland. Then I need it for another 3 to get my furniture... 7 hours. That's $25/hr, plus mileage and gas... /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

5. ChevyCaGal

In Idaho I was 21 and rented a car fine. It's just this state is stupid....

6. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Well that just sucks /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

7. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Well do you have anything you can tow a trailer with? Maybe a trailor wont be as expensive and they wont be as picky. Not an open trialer but one of those medium or decent sized closed trailers.

8. ChevyCaGal

Nope I need a truck... it's not gonna happen. I can;t tow my my car and I can't tow with a truck that runs like complete crap... oh I found a place that'll rent to me but they want a $50 charge because I am under 25... by a month. Retarded. WTF does it matter... who in insurance decided it was the magic age to drive great? Like I said I know plenty of people over age 25 who shouldn't be driving rentals yet they are....

9. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

OK who lives by steph that can lend her your truck for a day (or however long) And I dont want to hear "Who me have a truck?" I see all of your Avitars /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

10. ChevyCaGal

I'm gonna rent one... Sara offered to drive me there if I paid for gas, but I can only go on a weekday when she works. For the cost of gas in her beast I can rent from Budget. It'll be like $75-$100 for the day. So I think this will work!

11. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

Yay good luck, Im sure your rental truck will have AC too. Even better /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

12. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I know how it is. I had to pay an extra $15/day for a rental car on our honeymoon. Because of that I had to drive a friggin white Buick Century instead of something nice. Couldn't even tear it up because I couldn't afford the insurance!

13. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

It depends on the insurance they have. I've been through that crap before.
    I had my step mom 'rent the car' and me listed as a driver and I paid for it. I was 18 at the time /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

In florida me and Nick rented a car just fine. We were 21 at the time. I think it was Enterprise

14. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

We rented from Dollar. Cheapest place we could find. Considering we were all the way across the country, my dad couldn't help us out any. He did try, though! I really wanted to neutral slam that car, too! Too bad I had no insurance!

15. highwaydevil

highwaydevil 1/2 ton status

Are there any "Local" rental car places? They may be less strict on requirements. (Rent-a-wreck, rent-a-heap, etc.)

16. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah its 21 here. And by God you need a credit card number even if you pay with a check or they wont even talk to you. Last year when I was in San Josa for work, I tried to pay with travlers checks and without a credit card number your SOL.

17. ChevyCaGal

Yeah I am trying Enterprise. Thing is they won't charge me more. But they don't have a truck right now. I know they have them because my mom got a S10 from them once and I drove it one day. I'm gonna swing by and see if they'll hook me up. Looks like if I can fit them swampers back there they will be mine. I am so excited. I NEVER score a deal and looks like I might for once in my life! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

18. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I'd be happy to loan ya my ID.....you'd just have to shave the top of your head and grow a beard...... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

19. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

american express ....... dont leave home with out it.

had one since i was 18 and never had a problem renting cars. just a thought.

20. ChevyCaGal

I have Master Card... /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Oh and a new set of tires... wheeeee /forums/images/icons/cool.gif