Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

son turns 5 tomorrow!!! I sure love my boy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Oct 20, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

WOW, how time flies. he was just a baby yesterday it seems like. I have been blessed with a wonderful son. man, I love him more then anything in this entire world. he has been such an easy child to deal with. never has been difficult at all, growing up or as a baby. took him on a trip to visit a bud in vermont at 2 mo. old. thought it was going to be a nightmare trip with a screaming baby. we had people left and right complimenting us on what a calm sweet baby we had.

he is advanced as far as his learning ability. he gets things easy it seems. all his teachers say he is doing great and say he is so polite. he allways says "may I please" and "thank you". sure he can be a booger like any other kid when he is tired or hungry, but from what I see my friends deal with as far as spazzy, none manner having kids who back talk and demand what they want. and at the same age or older there vocabulary or knoledge in general is behind my sons level for sure. my son is a good kid cause we have taught him to be so. I am very proud of him.

I miss his littleness from the earlier ages. he's almost 47 inches tall! I still carry him when he wants me too as long as he wants me too. man its brutal sometimes after 30/40 minutes, my arms are shot. but he usually will get down before then. but I still want to carry him when we go places. I like to be able to kiss his little cheek and be near him and just talk to him. he sits on my shoulders all the time too which he loves.

he loves to just be with me, playing or wrestling or cuddling. he loves to be in my garage getting into stuff, which drives me crazy but I keep an eye on him so he dont get hurt. I want to teach him all the welding and machining and mechanic skills I have and I want him to learn all that I never did. I look forward to his future but man I allready miss the past. I love to see him smile and happy. hearing him laugh when mom is tickling him is such a feel good fealing, it makes me feel very happy. man, they grow up way too fast. sorry, Im kinda sappy right now, my little buddy just brings it out of me.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Our kids are a little more spazzy than your boy. Especially Tommy. That's why he plays on two different soccer teams.

Still wouldn't trade them for anything.

3. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I understand completely. When my boy was about 2mos (3.25yrs now) we took him on a 12hr road trip to Grand Junction (to K5Nutt/azblazer's house) to pick up a truck for my wife to transport him in (truck was actually in Aspen, but she stayed with Dug's wife and little one while Dug and I went to pick up the truck in Aspen). I thought the same thing you did, that it was going to be a terror ride from hell. Couldn't have been further from reality. We stopped a bit more often than I would have liked to (it takes me about 8hrs solo), but oh well. We did get some nice pics of him in Moab when we went through there.
    My boy wants to be around anytime I do anything with tools or that is repair oriented. I was doing something under the front end of my wife's truck and came in the house to find this:

[​IMG]

Yup, that's my boy!!
    Nothing makes you forget a completely repugnent day better than opening the door and hearing Daddy!! Daddy!! Daddy!! Daddy's Home!!!! and getting that big hug.

Keep up the good work. It sounds like you are raising a fine boy there. :waytogo:

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Have fun....:wink1:

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

So how was the party?

6. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

thats picture rocks!!!!!!!!
    i cant wait to have kids

7. Roland_Jenkins

Roland_Jenkins Registered Member

Its memories like this that will keep you from choking em when he is 16

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you guys are killing me. i just dropped my five year old at MOMS HOUSE :rolleyes: he is the best thing that ever happened to me, he is polite but not a punk. last month one of his friends screamed in his ear so he grabbed him by the neck.:haha: what ever daddy does he wants to do.:D so hug your kids peeps. i have to try and squeeze in 13 evenings and 1 weekend into a day and a half right now.mommas starting to not like her situation now.:thinking:

9. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

did'nt do a party, took him to Knotts Berry Farm, an amusement part here in Ca. he had a great time. I told my woman I dont want to do a big party every year. some of my friends do and it just seems like gluttony to me. they invite every friend they have to see how many presents will be brought. my kid does not need anymore crap then he allready has. I refuse to spoil my kid, but he sure still gets alot of crap which bugs the crap out of me.

not that I dont want him to have nice things but its just crazy when you have a party and invite your friends and of course grandparrents just how much crap they get from one party. not to mention the stuff we get him. it just does not sit well with me. my woman is worse then me, she will but him toys but she is still pretty frugal when it comes to buying him frivelous stuff.

I refuse to allow my son to have ANY video games period. he can have learning only type games where he has to do math or whatever. if we get one for a gift, it goes in the trash. I would rather see him kicking a ball gettent excersize them being a mindless drone sitting in fromt of a tv and playing a damn video game. I see to many friends let there kids have that s**t and there kids suffer from it, but they dont know any better.

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you are a great dad!!that is all!!