Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

songs like....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, May 15, 2005.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

What are some songs like "Angel of Death" by Slayer? for the longest time I had a 1:20 duration song...and WMP is on continuous play, so I would hear that same part over and over again...so I thought it was a longer song.

But anyways, I finally heard the whole song...WOOHOO its awesome.
    What are some simular songs by Slayer, or any other artist?
    Going to bed now, but I'll check this in the morn'

2. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Reign in Blood, Skeletons of Society

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

would you guys kill me if I said I'm really not a fan of Slayer? Not that it will change my opinion. Something I just don't like about songs like this.

4. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Just about everything off of Reign in Blood is GREAT, most of the stuff off of Seasons, and their newer stuff off of God Hates Us All is actually a nod to their older stuff, just tighter.

Slayer is my all time favorite band. Kerry King is a guitar god.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Whats wrong, the music or the lyrics you don't like?

Listening to those other songs...I'll find the other ones later, thanks!

6. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

pretty much anything else by Slayer

thank you, I'll be here all week.

7. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I agree...

8. firefighter184

Ausweitz the meaning of pain
    the way that I want you to die
    slow death immense decay
    shadows that cleanse you of your life
    forced in like cattle you run
    stripped of your lifes worth
    human mice for the Angel of Death
    400,000 more to die :D

9. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

<<Whats wrong, the music or the lyrics you don't like?>>

Sorry to hijack, but I always thought that slayers musicianship was kinda lacking.. every song they do sounds the same after awhile. The satanic imagery was a joke to them, more or less meant to scare parents and get the kids to buy it. I thought exodus sucked too. Kirk Hammet would be a greeter at wal mart now if he tried to make it with them.

If you're into black metal, Mercyful Fate was / is the real deal. Much better musicians, IMHO.

Tom

10. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

SLAYER hands down is the best speed metal, death metal,black metal or whetever you want to call it. there lyrics are awesome, musicly there timing is as crisp and tite as can be. there songs dont all sound the same. you can understand slayers lyrics too. i hate these bands that all they do is grovel into the mic, you cant understand a thing there saying. anyone can do that. lets see them sing or speek lyricly clear crisp words at the speed of slayers songs. slayer rules! :saweet: :saweet: :saweet: :saweet: :saweet:

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

The music is very talented. The singer just isn't there for me. He just doesn't synch with the music IMO. Sounds like some guy singing Karaoke to an instrumental track. And yeah they do sound pretty much the same from song to song I think.

12. firefighter184

How can you say it all sounds the same? The difference between Reign in Blood and Divine Intervention is huge! Mercyful Fate is a totally different genre, IMO. Slayer is it's OWN genre. Many have attempted imitation, none successfully. Besides, you mean to tell me Lombardo wasn't a wicked drummer? Kerry's guitar has a VERY unique sound, totally his own signature thing going on. Araya isn't the greatest singer, but he fits well with what they do.

Kirk Hammet is a fag. He should be greeting at the Cockpit.

13. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

<<How can you say it all sounds the same? The difference between Reign in Blood and Divine Intervention is huge!>>

I dunno.. I think that the difference between say hell awaits and the newer stuff is light years apart, BUT, to me, the songs on a given album are all similar to each other. to me anyway, but then I think the same thing about testament, metal church, and countless others.

<<Mercyful Fate is a totally different genre, IMO. Slayer is it's OWN genre.>>

I always lumped them into the broad category of "black metal".. I'm just sort of snob in the fact that I always preferred european and scandinavian metal bands to american metal bands.. Hell, metallica got noticed only because they imitated british bands successfully. ( I'm talking back when kill 'em all came out).. Not that I don't like metallica, I do. It's fine when popular bands are influenced by what I like. It's when they're influenced by what I consider tripe that I dismiss them as posers.

<<Many have attempted imitation, none successfully. Besides, you mean to tell me Lombardo wasn't a wicked drummer? >>

Well, drummers tell me that running in place on the bass pedals isn't difficult. Hell, metallica had more intricate drumming. For that matter, so did rush.

<Kerry's guitar has a VERY unique sound, totally his own signature thing going on. Araya isn't the greatest singer, but he fits well with what they do.>>

I'll take your word on that.. I don't play, and again, I hear a wall of mush when I listen to them.

<<Kirk Hammet is a fag. He should be greeting at the Cockpit.>>

lololol :grin: