Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sony Explode???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ZfromNJ, Mar 26, 2003.

1. ZfromNJ

ZfromNJ Registered Member

My radio just quit on me the other day. Any suggestions why? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Over the last year I've noticed alot of people on this board have been having problems with the Sony headunits. Wish I could tell you something usefull. If you decide to replace it, think of another name brand. I personally have a JVC KD-LX50 for the K5, and a JVC KD-LX1 in the daily driver and haven't had any problems with either one.

3. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

I had a sony headunit, it lasted about a year then died. I didn't bother getting it fixed I just got an MP3 reading deck, those things are awesome.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Am I the only one that has had good luck with sony head units /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My radio just quit on me the other day. Any suggestions why?

[/ QUOTE ] Because it's a Sony. I'm on my second one, replaced under warranty and it has already died.

6. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Don't replace with another Sony head unit! why do you think they named their line Explode?
    Bill

7. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sony Explode???

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they do, I just lost my c910 a couple weeks ago. Nice headunit and very expensive new, (glad I didn't pay that price) so now I"m driving around with no tunes, cause I'd have to rewire the whole truck to put the stock stereo back in.

8. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Am I the only one that has had good luck with sony head units /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff I was thinking the same thing, I guess it's just the two of us. I have had great luck with this Sony head unit. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

ya i would support everyone else, but i like the speakers (not subs) and stand by them 100%, i like poineer decks...

10. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Am I the only one that has had good luck with sony head units

[/ QUOTE ]
    well I like them, and have had good luck until this one.

11. finnd

finnd Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Jeff I was thinking the same thing, I guess it's just the two of us. I have had great luck with this Sony head unit. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

add me to the list of satisfied customers, althought i only got mine last september. went with the MP3 player one, i meen, all the Zeppelin albums on one CD, how cool is THAT?

12. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I've had mine for about 5 yrs now with not 1 single problem /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

No real problems. I'm 2.5 years on the current Sony. Had a Sony in the last vehicle as well that I owned for 4 years. Only issue I have had with both is in the heat. If you left the CD playing when you shut the car off then let it get baking in the noon sun that sometimes it will forget where it was and error out. Pull the CD out and pop it back in and it plays fine. Both units did this after they were a couple years old. Going to pop the top and see how dirty the laser is. Ran a cleaner though it but it doesn't seem to help.

14. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i have a sony head unit..looks to be an older one though..its not wokring..but right now im trying to find out if its the player or a connection..cause the guy said it did work..(but the truck also sat for a year befor i got it)