Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sony Headunits

Discussion in 'Audio' started by FL84K5, Jun 18, 2002.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I have a Sony Cd5050X Headunit that has been giving me all sorts of problems. The shop a bought it from said that they will get a credit from Sony towards a new headunit and that Sony stopped making the whole line of headunits that mine falls under. I think it was Mobile ES or something like that. My question is, how are the newest Sony headunits sq wise and overall quality? I'm hoping it is better than my Xplod headunit. Thanks

2. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

Unless your buying a T.V., VCR or DVD player, stay away from Sony. Their head units have been iffy for at least 15 years. Some people have good luck but many don't. When you buy a product you shouldn't have to depend on luck.

3. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Im not pleased at all with Sony, but I don't think the shop will give me credit towards another brand, just another Sony /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

4. ChrisM72beast

ChrisM72beast 1/2 ton status

Why not? Don't they want repeat business?. I would think, if they are reputable, they will do whatever it takes to make you happy as a customer.

Chris M

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I have no clue why the won't le me get a different brand. I havnt been too happy with this shop at all. They did a really crappy install, leaving gaps betweent the spacer they used to mount the speakers in the door, and did a really bad job cutting the dash for the headunit. A few months ago I talked to them about some problems with the headunit and they said they would call back. Well, two months later they never did so we went down to the shop and all the guy said was "If it wasn something I was supposed to call Sony about, I did." This shop will NEVER get my businness again. Once I'm done with the headunit fiasco, I'm never setting foot in there again. When I upgrade I'll find another shop to buy from and do the install myself.

6. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

I just placed a sony explode from walmart in Lay-Away i think it was cdx-6000, the model number was something like that. 150.00 i didn't think that was bad. I hope it does pretty good, if it dont i'll post my Rant here /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif lol