Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sony problem , ever heard of this.???

Discussion in 'Audio' started by pauly383, Dec 15, 2003.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I have a two year old sony am/fm cassette with changer controls and a cd changer. The cd and cassette parts play perfect and sound awesome. However the am/fm part quit playing sound right.
    Sound comes out overmodulated. I get this with or without engine running. Sometimes on a dialogue only commercial I can understand it. I do listen to local morning show for traffic, so does anyone have an idea? I cant get a radio right away.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a two year old sony am/fm cassette with changer controls and a cd changer. The cd and cassette parts play perfect and sound awesome. However the am/fm part quit playing sound right.
    Sound comes out overmodulated. I get this with or without engine running. Sometimes on a dialogue only commercial I can understand it. I do listen to local morning show for traffic, so does anyone have an idea? I cant get a radio right away.

[/ QUOTE ] That's a new one to me. Sence you've got a changer hooked up and all, I'd call some repair shops and see if you can get your head unit repaired.

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

this happened to me when my antenna cable became disconnected. it would barely pick up AM station, and forget about FM. i hooked it back up, and problem solved.

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I was thinking that too, only thing is I can receive and lock on to the signal, lights on etc. I have sound that sounds too overmodulated. Sounds like someone talking to close to microphone, or when guitar is overdriven. Maybe I should of said distortion.