Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sony X-PLOD'S ??

Discussion in 'Audio' started by k20, Nov 24, 2001.

1. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Sony X-PLOD\'S ??

Anyone tried Sony X-PLOD'S Im lookin at 6x9 4way, just wonderin if anyone has tried em, im plannin on mountin em in a set of speaker boxes in place of the stock 4x10's.

2. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Re: Sony X-PLOD\'S ??

I have 2 of the 3 way 6x9's and love them. I had one under water once and it still works. I think it's one of the best cheap speakers you can get.

<font color=red>Sure your Durango can go any place I can go, (if I hook a strap to it).</font color=red>

3. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

I'm doing a stereo install in my vehicle in the next few weeks to. From the research I've done the X-Plods are pretty good but I think you can do better for about the same money. Pioneer, JL Audio and Blaupunkt all get decent reviews and are in that price range. Where you going to mount them? I'm thinking that your putting them all the way in the rear? Why not put some 6.5 inch round(better sound) right next to the passenger seat? I'm not sure where I'm putting mine yet. Going to ask for some advice..

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I'm a guy that has done / does a lot of research on car audio, and I will never own anything except a sony deck. when it comes to cheaper speakers I'll stick with sony too no questions asked (even though some people like others) unless you were going to go with a cheaper infinity speaker or polk audio. when it goes to the higher sound quality I'm either a JL audio person or a Polk Audio. (but of course they will all be controled by a sony deck)

the question (in the lower quality speakers) is never about the quality &amp; durability, but the price tag associated with it compared to other stuff.

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

well, im mountin mine in the boxes, behind the seat, near the column, right up to where the stock 4x10's fit in the corner...

6. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

another option is to get some paneling, and turn it over to make new rear panels in the back. paint sticks to it very well, and it is easy to staple to etc., and much more durable the cardboard.

I'd like to mount my speakers right above the wheel wells if there is enough room.

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

7. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i've also got the 6x9 in boxes next to the rear seat. They sound very nice. I've had people ask if I had them amped, they can really blast! They are also excellent with the top off at parties. This week I hope to complement them with three of the Sony Xplode 12's and a class D amp.

K5- because size DOES matter!
    <font color=blue> <a target="_blank" href=http://www.coloradok5.com/gallery/Bucks-Truck>
    Fear This </a>
    </font color=blue>