Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soo now that some of you..

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by CK5, Jun 30, 2003.

1. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Have been to Moab what trails should we do? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

All, any, most...I'll just be happy to be there/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Upper Helldo ( I *will* drive that second obstacle without help this time ), Proving Grounds, Hells Revenge was kinda cool for the milder intersting stuff and great scenery. Rusty Nail was cool, but off camber over a 200' shear drop isn't my fondest desire. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

One main request though, please break up into smaller groops this time. Rusty Nail on day 1 was great having everyone around, but man it wore thin by nightfall.

Oh, and one more thing for the crowd in general. If anyone tries to tell me to just get in the middle of the caravan and noone will pay any attention to an untagged buggy in Moab, you may want to make sure there are no big sticks nearby and a clear path of retreat is available... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

You'll be fine on the streets of Moab Russ...I guarantee the truggy will just blend right in./forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Not only that but I hear they have a gas station just for you there. Friendly, understanding and trusting staff.../forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Rene

5. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Hells Revenge looks good.

6. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

i would definetly like to run hells revenge this time. and i think it was really cool last year when their was an organized day to just watch the experianced guys and/or super built trucks run upper helldorado.

7. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

I agree with Russ, I'm in for Upper Heldorado and Proving Grounds, I was hoping to hit these trails first during the trip. I am not leaving Moab again this year without doing Upper Heldorado. I also agree with Russ, less rigs on the runs, the runs need to be for capable rigs only.

My two cents.

Robzilla

8. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah, we need smaller runs for sure, it was just to many last year. I have run Rusty nail twice now and lost two good pices of underwear so may try something else this year, I'm affraid that I may get talked into upper Hell way to easily now that I have a tow rig. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Maybe the untagged buggy wasn't the problem, could have been the hat. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    could have been the hat. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Ok enoughs enough, I didnt want to hijack the thread but I need to hear this story! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. BadDog

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe the untagged buggy wasn't the problem, could have been the hat. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    What, I thought it was quite the fashion statement! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

As for the story, I posted the whole sordid affair back last fall, but can't seem to find it anywhere. Short version is that I topped off an almost full tank (small K5 tank) with just over 2 gallons of gas at Walker's station (next to the meeting lot). Fat *ss *itch running the place called the cops after I left claiming I got 29(?IIRC?) gallons. Cops pull me over and follow me back all the way through town in my locked buggy with 42s running less than 10 psi. Manager of the station continues to insist I got ALL that gas even though I had the receipt for pay at the pump for the 2 gallons. I flat refused to pay, and it was eventually dropped. That was day 1, and there is more, much more, but you'll just have to search to find the old post to get the rest... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

12. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

I want to do Upper and Lower Helldorado. But i need a tow rig, first /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. BadDog

Lower is a piece of cake, you have to go looking for challenges for the most part. Upper is another matter, there are no bypasses, there are no easy lines... Someone said it's an AZ trail that got misplaced, that's pretty accurate.

14. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Upper is another matter, there are no bypasses, there are no easy lines...

[/ QUOTE ]

which is why i want to do it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Make sure you bring the hat this year! I gotta see it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. BadDog

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Nothing special, just a modified baseball cap with a removable flap in the back to keep sun off the back of your neck. Looks like a Legionnaire kinda thing. Works great and keeps ya much cooler! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I couldn't care less what it looks like when it's that hot...

Here is a webshots liink from Twizted (you will need to copy/paste the URL).
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/48640395/48640687RtcOds

17. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif sweet

18. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

Baddog:
    You are right upper hell is fun as hell as long as you don't want body damage. I don't think that is a problem for you and I any more he he he!!! As for proving grounds oh yea! DAMM!!! I wish I was going this year well I still may show just don't know for sure just yet.

Steve smaller groups are a must you remember all the stuff from Rusty nail last year. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

19. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Russ what was the garden sprayer for?

20. BadDog

I had just changed radiators (wide 4x to narrow "large* 3x) and a garden sprayer used to hose down the radiator will drop temps rapidly, though not too rapidly when the engine is running. And, while I didn't really expect to have a problem myself, many were at BB'02 who are not desert dwellers, so I figured it might come in handy either way... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif As it was, it was not needed and it also makes a nice mister to cool off hot passengers in the low humidity... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif My son used it like that a bit.