Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sooo....i am running my stock gauges without the

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jakeslim, Feb 22, 2004.

1. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

plastic cover. It was old and cloudy. I tried to buff it out with all the recommended polishers and it was somewhat clearer BUT.... it is a whole lot clearer without the plastic cover! Easy to see day or night. Try it. Easy to dust off too! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    I just got to try and not touch the needles while I'm driving....

2. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

if you push the gas gauge back up to full how long can you go before you get gas? /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    if you push the gas gauge back up to full how long can you go before you get gas

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

what are some of the polishes ? id like to try the buffing idea. thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    if you push the gas gauge back up to full how long can you go before you get gas

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I've used toothpaste and cottonballs on plastic watch faces, for not really deep scratches in any clear plastic I'd try it. Add a little water.

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I got a decent one in the garage( clear cover ), wasn't planning on getting rid of it. If you were ever in AZ I could probably be talked out of it . /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

8. Roshambo

Roshambo Registered Member

I did that too. I decided I was going to replace some blown bulbs, and also paint the underside of the metal cover silver to reflect the light better (which was a vast improvement).

It looked like the previous owner had cleaned the plastic with gravel and kitty litter or something, so I just neglected to install them when I put everything back together. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

-Joe