Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sooooo there was this fire in the back today....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by chebywanna, Oct 13, 2003.

1. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

i work at a propane distribution plant in a suburb of chicago and all we have is one 30K gallon storage tank because the town won't allow anymore since its quite populated by now, and its all fanced in and there is a small streatch of land in the back that no one is using and some kids have built mounds and jump their bikes and stuff back there.

in any case the dock guy (fairly new guy) waltses into the lunch room five minutes before everyones about to bolt and says there is a fire behind the plant, so we all go "dang kids", so three of us go out there to see what tha heck and i grab a fire extinguisher just for the hack of it (the guy was totally causual so i figured he saw some flames through the fance type thing kids having a little camp fire or something). as we walk out there i ask the guy how big is it, and he says "dude just look up" so i look up and go "oh chit", there is thick black smoke going way above the trees, looked like a car on fire.

once we get to the back i jumped the fance with barbed wire on top (that was way too easy) and one of them other guys hads me the extinguisher, the dang fire is hot and its full on not even 20 feet from the 30K gallon storage tank, i emptied out a 18 or 20 lbs extinguisher and a second guy finished it off with the one he had.

so needless to say, that would be it for kids massing around back there, the trees are gonna get chopped out and the area fanced in now, just becouse some shmuck duped some carpet and the padding or whatever, some kids lit it and it got out of hand real quick on them, the dang trees were catching fire, perfect place for it too.

that would be my highlight of the day. how bout yours? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. FatBoyBlazer

FatBoyBlazer 1/2 ton status

was it right over by stone gate apartments? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. chebywanna

chebywanna 1/2 ton status

no, hehe, no worries, you are out of the "blast area" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Boy, that coulda been ugly...

As an old Gunny of mine used to say,<font color="red"> KA-FAWKIN-BOOM! </font>

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

lol, gj!!! at the chemical plant i used to work at there were two 1,500,000 gallon toluene tanks side by side on one corner of the plant... always wondered if any1 on the plant site would have survived if they had gone up. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

j