Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sorry another 700r4 question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5 Silverado, Apr 19, 2007.

1. K5 Silverado

K5 Silverado Registered Member

When I let off the gas coming to a stop or slowing down my tranny will hold like a standard, compressioning the motor down. Then I can feel it down shifting. It kicks into first pretty good. Is this normal? I search some post and the stuff was over whelming. But I didnt really find what I was looking for.

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like you may have a shift kit in there. Is it pretty firm on the upshifts too? Does it behave normally apart from this?

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Mine only compression brakes with the shifter out of Drive ( mine says P-R-N-D-3-2-1 ) . If I am in drive ( overdrive ) , it doesn't do it .

I also have the kicks pretty good trans , especially when your on the throttle . Some days it seems like the transfercase is going to be thrown off and through the floor .

Put a good cooler on it , mines been going strong like this since 2001 , almost 100,000 miles ago now :pimp:

4. K5 Silverado

K5 Silverado Registered Member

Yeah mine even does it in over drive but my indicator goes P R N @ D 2 1. It kicks good on the way up too. So maybe it does have a kit in it, I dont know the history too good. I am the 2 owner basiclly The owner owned the company I work for and he bought it new in 87 then when he died the board member sent the truck to where I work, where it sat untill I bought it for 150.00. Not much wrong with it just mainly paint and some interior work.

5. MA87K5

MA87K5 1/2 ton status

6. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status