Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sorry, I just bought 2 more Fords

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Storm Trooper, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    First of all before you bash me, CHEVY RULES for high performance........but...
    I couldn't help myself. I use Ford vans in my company and found two more I just bought in the last week. The first one is going to be my tow vehicle, It's an 89 E350 van with a 460 and is 4WD. It has 4 captains chairs, color TV, VCR, 2 Stereos (one Alpine 6 disk for the front and a Kenwood for the headphones in the back) + more. The other one is also a 89 E350, 4WD with a 460. It seats 15 passangers but i'm going to take the seats out and make it a work truck. These two gives me a grand total of 5 Ford vans, all 4WD 460's. I also have a 76 Scout, my wife and daughters cars, my BLAZER and two trailors for my snowmobiles. Dam place is looking like a junk yard. Anyone need some Ford van seats?
    Hope this doesn't make me a communist......
    If I retire my oldest van, I was thinking of making it a rock crawler (cut the back side off) and beat the $hit out of it or cut it and add a flat bed to pull my Blazer on for trips.....Any ideas?
    (here comes the bashing)[​IMG]

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"8" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I have an idea. Bend over and take it in the @#$@, because if you tow with a truck that old that has an E4OD tranny, you're asking for trouble.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

3. EricM

EricM Registered Member

84_Chevy_K10:
    God damn your a mouthy little bastard. I see you try and stir things up all the time. Why? Is it fun to bash people you don't know. Or is it because you can get away with it because were not here face to face. Respect goes a long way you will realize that some day. I don't think many people have any respect for your comments so please keep them to yourself unless you have some legit advice which I have yet to see from you. Not trying to start a war here but I think I'm not the only one who feels this way. So just consider it.

4. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

You're the one towing a 25' trailer with a 700R.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

5. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

Sounds ou got your slef some fun tows [​IMG] between me and dad and mom we have
    my pickup 94 chevy s-10 4x4
    my blazer 75 built to the bone chevy blazer
    my 68 chevy 3/4 4x4 pickup (will be my tow rig)
    dads 94 chevy ext cab pickup
    dads 84 chevy s-10 blazer (pile of crap for sale if you want it)
    moms 99 pontic bonaville
    my 74 chevy blazer (parts)
    my 71 cheyv truck (parts)
    my 73 chevy truck (Parts)
    dad 57 GMC (needs fixed up also for sale
    dads 82 station wagoon (dont ask)
    and then
    2 snowmobile trails a 2 palce and three place 3 snowmobiles
    a jetski trail and 2 jetskis
    2 motorbikes
    1 4-wheeler
    and thats it good then we have big garge [​IMG]

AJ
    Soon to wheelin spot near you
    Project Harvey[​IMG]

6. blazbrnc

blazbrnc 1/2 ton status

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I like the Ford 4x4 vans. Those things are huge and with a 460 it should turn some big meats. IMO i would lift it a little, put some bigger tires on it (at least 35's), regear, lock up the rear, and take it wheeling. Let the trail do the bodywork. Yeah, GM products are the best, but every now and then it is nice to see (and work on) something different.

'79 K5, '79 Suburban, '76 Br**co, 77 K20
    '99 BB 4x4 Suburban to tow more junk home

7. LittleJimmy

LittleJimmy 1/2 ton status

So you would actually post that you bought 2 more. Allrighty then......

8. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    AJ, you win and I thought I had a junk yard.....LOL
    The vans are big monsters and I don't see many Chevy conversions or I might try them. I weighted one of them, fully loaded with tools etc. and it weighted 10,000 lbs.
    I don't really think they would be much fun wheelin because of the high center of gavity but they go through the snow great, keep things inside warm and dry. For snowmobiling, it's nice to get changed inside and watch the game while you do it......should be fun. Now all I need is a trailor for my K5.

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"8" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

9. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Dave, I prefer GM in most cases (got 3) but when it comes to vans Ford is the only one with a frame. I have a Ford that I use to pull with and carry the real loads. Besides has anyone looked at the GM vans these days. What a ugly piece of s!!t.

<font color=red> Bill, "Shop Rat" </font color=red>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Shop-Rat>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Shop-Rat</a>

10. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

GMs have frames. I always wondered why Dodge never tried to stuff a Cummins in their vans for the commercial cutaway market, then realized the no-frame thing.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Hey Dave, you traitor!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

I personally have nothing against the Furds. Some of them Furd trucks are the coolest around!! [​IMG]

Some of my favorites are the '79 F150, '75 F250 Highboy, '79 F350, ANY brand new Super Duty F350 with the Power Stroke, some of the '55 to '57 F100's, some of the '67 to '72s are pretty cool too.

That just shows that I like some Furds too. There is nothing wrong with them and they always make for some good competition. Without the Furds and Dudges, what fun would it be having just a Chevy and nothing else to compare or compete with?

<font color=blue>Daddy told me while learning to pee......"if you shake it more than twice, then you are playing with it!!!"</font color=blue>

12. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yeah, my 25' trailer only weighs 4,000 lbs. though, and I am planning to lose my 700R4 in the next year or so.

Tim

13. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

4x4 vans are pretty cool looking. When I lived in Alpine in west texas, there were several that ran around. Mainly because they lived far enough outside of town to where they couldn't make a bunch of trips to town so they would go once a month to get everything they need for a month, I mean everything! Then, they'd "have" to go offroading to get back to their house so a 4x4 van worked perfect for them. You don't really want to pull a trailer behind you in some of the stuff you have to go thru to get to where they live. *shrug*

Man! I wish I had some money right now. I'd be hitting you up for those chairs! LOL!!! Oh, that sucks.

I think you should make it a serious off road rig.

I've got a mind like a . . . a . . . what's that thing called?

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/>http://www.geocities.com/muddin4fun79blazer/</a>

14. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

As stated above, the CG would kill you on the trail, along with the small wheel wells, but they do look cool with a mild lift and 33s/35s.

Pete

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Is it a Quigley van? Those things are pretty cool!

Tim

16. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

My problem would be pulling anything with a gutless 460. Those things use half again as much gas as a 454 and could not hold a candle to it pulling. Trust my my vortec 7.4 walks on them all the time. Now empty they will get up and run but that is what happens when Ford builds horsepower but no torque. i would think perfect for work truck terrible for tow vehicle.

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

17. Matt N.

Matt N. Registered Member

Ya know it's funny...I used to be loyal to fords, as was my dad, and my grandpa. When I decided to get a full size 4x4, I had a '78 Bronco (with all new axles, motor &amp; trans) lined up, but the thing fell through. After researching (part availablity, aftermarket stuff, etc) I got a Blazer instead. I realized, that Ford, Chevy, or whoever, is not gonna be loyal to ME, so I need to make an informed decision on my vehicle requirements, and not leave it up to "I drive brand X, and I need one of those Calvin p1ssing on brand Y decals" mentality. For MY needs, the blazer was the most appropriate choice, but it may not be for others. The Found On Road Dead or the First On Race Day arguments just make me weary. I no longer have time for them. Believe me, there are plenty of times I wish my blazer had some ford parts on it (like the distributor in the front!), but, it has been much easier putting together a nice GM motor than the previous ford motors I've built. So, I commend you on your choice of vehicles, not because of what you bought, but because you bought them for a logical reason.

18. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

FYI Tim - Non-Diesel 89 Ford trucks and vans used the AOD, not the E4OD. And E4OD's are actually stronger than the legendary C6 auto.

Friggin Silt![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

19. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

From the center support back inside an E4OD is basicly a C6.They just added overdrive to the front of a C6.I would take one of these over a 700 any day.