Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sort of mad but I got a new muffler!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 76blazerguy, Dec 2, 2004.

1. 76blazerguy

76blazerguy 1/2 ton status

Hey guys, i got a new muffler on my blazer. I was really looking forward to getting a stainless steel magnaflow. I had called the shop and everything because i have had a hole in my muffler. I get there today and they tell me they dont have any stainless steel magnaflows so i went with the delta flow 40 series. I cant keep my foot off the gas now but im sort of mad because it was more than what they quoted for a magnaflow. What you all think of the delta flows? (im just glad it was stainless steel or i would have been really mad!)

2. 85burbanator

85burbanator 1/2 ton status

i was quoted more for magna flows then 50 series flowmasters. i got 2 stainless mufflers and i love em. theyve been sitting for a long time and no /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif rust.

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I have V-Force on my truck, which are a rip-off of FlowMaster. I like them. I get worse MPG now, but only because I run the snot out of it to hear that cool sound! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 76blazerguy

76blazerguy 1/2 ton status

i just think im missing out on not having a magnaflow. I was looking forward to its own special sound. Oh well!!!!!!!!!

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Flowmaster One Chamber. 'Nuff said..........

6. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Performance is better with a MagnaFlow, personally I don't like the sound of the delta flows. I would only go with a Super 40 or Original 40.

I just recently went with a Super 40 and it sounds great, much louder then the MagnaFlow that I used for four years. Next time I'll go back to the MagnaFlow, I just wanted to change things up a little bit.

I bet the shop neglected to tell you only the body of the muffler was aluminized on the MagnaFlow, the internals are stainless, and all MagnaFlow products have a lifetime warranty (with the exception of the XL series) so even if it were to rust (which it will not) it would be covered and you would get a new one for free.

I have a lot more Flowmasters returned than I do MagnaFlow, probably like 10 to 1. If not more then that.

7. vervepipes

vervepipes Registered Member

i'm very impressed on the magnaflow turboXL i have on my summer car, so thats the brand i want on my truck. i dont want stainless though. what OEM-look magnaflow does anybody here use?