Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Sorta funny accident at work the other day...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mikey_d05, Aug 1, 2006.

1. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Terry (the guy I work with) and I were staking out a storm pond for water drainage. The grasses/weeds/whatever were well over my head and I'm about 6'5". We were taking the truck around because it was a big friggin reservoir, it was hot, and foremost, we're lazy.

So...we're going to pick up the Total Station ($50,000 electronic instrument we use) and he decides it's just quicker to back up through all this vegetation. He started out slow and kept accelerating. The remainder of the conversation went something like this...

Terry: Let's just get this stupid job done and outta here, it's too hot to have been working this long.

Me: Terry, you might wanna slow down, I think I saw some old fenceposts around....THWACK!

Fencepost scraped up the side of the truck and took the mirror on my side clean off. A couple of rounds of cussing later we went to hunt for it so maybe we could come up with a good story for the boss on the way back. The best part, 45 minutes later we gave up and the mirror was never found.

Our boss looooooves us now. :D

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Didn't you run over some expensive **** a while back?

3. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

No, he had it set up, and some clown ran it over with some heavy equipment.

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Haha, same difference. At least it wasn't your fault. Last time I tried to back up through thick brush, I ended up high-centered on a raised manhole cover.

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

At least you didnt drive into a shed with a truck that was to tall for the door...:doah:

Thats just one screw up in the last year...ive got a few more...Sh*t Happens

6. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Someone got a Boeing 747 stuck here....

Took a wrong turn on the runway and was facing the wrong direction. Tried to turn around and got stuck.

Here's another one -

Refueling drogue wasn't reeled in all the way and got drug down the runway.

Try explaining those to your boss ;)