Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sound dampening a M1008, 6.2

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by huntsonora, Jun 14, 2004.

1. huntsonora

huntsonora Registered Member

Any suggestions on how to sound proof the cab? There are a ton of products on the market that say they are the best but I am looking for some people with experience. I have a M1008 with the 6.2 diesel and am thinking about putting the material under the headliner I am putting in, under the carpet I am putting in and behind the door panels but I am wanting to know the best products for this and what type of noise/heat reductions to expect. Also, would the material that goes underneath the hood be beneficial?

Thanks,

Drummond

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Look for a product called Peel N Seal. It is sold at hardware stores and is just as effective if not better than most automotive insualtion products and much, much cheaper /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BXwildshot

BXwildshot Registered Member

I'll second that!!!

4. huntsonora

huntsonora Registered Member

Thanks guys, I'll look into that. Is this material good for heat reduction as well? Also, any thoughts on the pad that goes on the underside of the hood?

Thanks,

Drummond

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

The insulation under the hood should help keep the noise down a bit, too.

I have question for you: Does your truck have the black plastic silencer attached to air cleaner neck? If not, you might want to find yourself one- the silencer does a great job of reducing the noise output of a 6.2....