Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

sound system for a 72 k5

Discussion in 'Audio' started by kabarer, Feb 5, 2004.

1. kabarer

kabarer Registered Member

My 72 k5 will be pretty much finished soon and I was going to start working on a sound system. I have NO KNOWLEDGE about speakers amps ..anything.

Are there any useful guides I can look at to get and idea of what everything is. Should I buy the stuff myself and then have it installed by circuit city or some other place. Lastly does anyone have any brands they like or ideas for speakers and amps.

I want it to sound really badass so I can play metallica, Ad/Dc, Megadeth....all that good stuff really loud so the people outside will be like " damn teenagers".

Im looking to stay under around 600$ just for the speakers and amps.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like ; Subs Amp Main speakers Ebay can be a good place to find deals on these products. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have always ran www.jlaudio.com stuff, it is probably some of the best subs and amps out there and I like www.arcaudio.com for amps. They make a lot of different amps in differnt power ranges and prices. They are some of the best sounding amps on the market also. I'm running 3 JL 10w3v2's, 2 arc audio amps, all jl audio speakers, and a panisonic deck and I absolutely love the sound quality. The stereo shop that installed my stuff said it was one of the best sounding systems they had installed in a while.

The bad news is for a quality system with some power you are going to blow your $600 budget into a million pieces.
    My system that I have retails for around $2.5k and isn't an overly "big" system.