Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Soundgarden, Chris Cornell fans?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Jul 24, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I've heard Fell on Black Days about a dozen times on radio in the last month, so I pulled out my old soundgarden CD's and am getting back into them.

Good tunage. I just bought the Audioslave CD at walmart, today. Figure they're doing what I said they'd have to do to make me stop downloading cd's (de-bloat the prices), I ought to pay for it... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

He's sure got a unique voice on him, for sure

I have a "hits" CD and like the "Show Me How To Live" single

Great tunes!

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Louder than love, screaming life fopp, ultramega OK and badmotor finger are WAYbetter albums, anything old school Soundgarden rocks hardcore.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

hell yea, but fumes is right.audio slave is cool.rage is cool also ,my friend mike hates rage,he only listens the political words.I just love the music. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I was lucky enough to see Rage in concert and watching Tom Morello play guitar is really something.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

even practicing tabs from him is hard to emulate. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifhis solo's are like WHAT,you the standard 2/3rd's of the way through .THE GHOUST OF TOM JONES is one of my fav songs. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Oh yah, I love Sound Garden and Audioslave! The fact that Chris Cornell is a hottie doesn't hurt any either /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

8. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Louder than love, screaming life fopp, ultramega OK and badmotor finger are WAYbetter albums, anything old school Soundgarden rocks hardcore.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]right on!! Louder than love by far my favorite album of all time! I met chris cornell back in 1990, when Soundgarden came here, we had atleast 50 people in my apartment, And I guess that I must have invited the band up to party after the show, it was pretty weird dropping acid and drinkin with chris, I don't remember any of the other band members???chris is a very intelligent man and he knows his music.he will always stand out in my mind as someone in the music industry that is to be looked up to. the only reason he came to party at my place was the band that I was a part of, (I was fulltime friend, roadie, drinking companion, ect,ect.) had opened for soundgarden that night at this place called the speedway cafe, what a party place that was, now its closed due to, too many problems involving the MAN, oh well it was fun and memorable, I'll never forget Chris Cornell, very cool guy /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Ahhh the good ole LSD daze...I remember those.... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I was crankin outshined last night, for whatever reason, that's the only pre-SuperUknown song I could find in my mp3 dump.
    I can't say I'm totally into the AudioSlave CD, just 1 or two songs on it really caught my ear. But man, you can hear Rage Against the Machine in some of those songs!

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

gonna have to check out the older stuff chief.... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

"kill your mutha, kill your muthaaa... and i luv her...
    I'm gonna f...,f...,f...,you,f...you! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif(old)soundgarden rocks!!!!!!!!!!
    ps lest we forget, Gun!!! bow and kiss my ring /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

I just might, have to find all my old Sound Garden C/Ds. It's been quite awhile since I've played 'em.

Now.. where'd I put those... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Kinda funny, I was diggin through the ol cassete stuff and found screaming life fop, ultramega ok and louder than love today.
    I can't stand anything on the radio and don't have a cd player in the car.
    Dude I haven't listened to those tunes in a long time. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Good stuff, I seen Soundgarden on the louder than love tour with Danzig and Suicidle tendencies.
    My ears didn't stop ringing for 3 days.
    Those were some strange days indeed. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    Soundgarden had so much more than that other Seattle band with the whiny dead fag singer that never seems to go away.

15. desertrat67

desertrat67 Hawk Driver

I like some of the Temple of the Dog stuffas well. He had another band, but i forget the name of it. only had one or two songs put out as singles, though.

16. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

"The Day I Tried To Live"

Fork, here we go again... I can feel the insomnia creeping in...

17. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

I'm actually a big fan of all 3 bands. :waytogo: Tom is the man.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
  18. BoondocK5

BoondocK5 1 ton status Author

Full on Kevins mom...

19. Tabb

Tabb ROLL TIDE! AGAIN! GMOTM Winner

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
  20. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

THREAD REVIVAL!!!

A friend and I occasionally email each other bands & song titles to check out. Got one tonight...

Temple of the Dog - "Reach Down"

Holy hell, that song rocks!