Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by _DeeVee8_, Feb 17, 2000.

1. _DeeVee8_

_DeeVee8_ 1/2 ton status

Thank god you made an AUDIO forum! I've about had posting on Alt.Binaries audio looking for help

I have the stock audio speakers up in the dash area on both the passenger side dash the center of the dash and the driver side dash on my 84 K5.

I have a Piece-O-Crap Kenwood tape deck that seems to be pumping nothing but stale waves to the stock speakers..
    I'm looking for basic upgrade now that will give my cab the nicest cleanest sound possible for under 100.00-->just for speakers. either 5-1/4s or 6x9's where do you put them? Crutchfields's doesn't have the best layout for blazer configurations. I have an amp, gold tipped cables, and Clarion 45 watt stereo going in. It's just those damn pesky stock speakers really bite. I hate them--
    what have you done and where have you put your speakers?

Drop me a line or post for all to IMAGINE
    thanks in advance!
    _DeeVee8_

2. AntAZBlaz

AntAZBlaz 1/2 ton status

If you want to keep the sstock size speakers in the blazer with out any mod's your never going to get that great but you can get speakers in your price range form Parts Express, me being me i like the look of the catalog it gives you exact spec's of each speaker down Xmax. which you will hardly ever see in a crutch field mag. i don't know how much you can do on your own but running a new set of wires would help out you can get them from a company called MECI. by the way when you look for wire it's more improtant to match your gague and power up the gold tipped wire you have if on a small gauge wire might be like having gold screws on your rig and expecting a performace increase. As for mounting speakers in new position i have a 86 all electric and i figuring that i can mount my 5 1/4 speakers in the doors but i'm opting to have this done by an audio store and i've been quoted priced around $35 to do the work if yuo supply all of the euipment. i don't know about you but those dash speakers that were factory installed sound horrible. I can not wait to get some more of parts together so that i can finsh off the audio part of my blaz.
    anthony

3. 1bad2

1bad2 Registered Member

I have a 88 that I have installed a nice clear sounding sytem into that sounds great with anything from Metal to Classical. It consists of a set of 3.5" Infinitys in the dash (Stock location), 6X9" Infinity 3 ways in MTX Boxes that sit quite nicely on the rear wheel wells, and a pair of MTX Terminator 10's that sit right behind the rear seat facing the rear of the vehicle. These parts require no cutting of your door panels and rids you of those odd 4X10's.
    Curtis

4. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

i picked up a set of Pioneer 4x10's 3way 150 i think? @ Circuit City for $99.00

i hade to make some minor
    fabrications in order to mount them
    CORRECTLY but they sound /look beautiful /
    87 clairon 40amp deck cd
    clairons in the dash
    the pioneers in the back
    with a 10in base tube
    with a kenwood mono amp
    and a acustic 4 chan under both seats...

dont butcher your interrior
    when i got my k5 it was still a cherry
    with the factory cass deck..