Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Source for Dick Cepek Fun Country tires?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wstolar, Oct 15, 2000.

1. wstolar

wstolar Registered Member

I would like to get some DC Fun Country tires. Since DC went bankrupt, does anyone know if there are plans to continue production of these tires? Does anyone still carry these tires? I heard on some other board that Mickey Thompson may continue to carry some of the Cepek, tires but I can't verify that.

Supposedly the DC Fun Countries were the best tire available for the Icelandic snow crawler trucks ( http://www.arctictrucks.com ). I wonder what tires they will use if there is no more supply on Fun Countries?

Walter

2. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

Denman makes the Fun Country line. The radials are junk tires, too many tread seperation problems. I believe MT is going to stock the old Dick Cepek line of stuff, and maybe those junk tires also. Course, maybe not, since the FC will directly compete with their new Baja Claws. Who knows.

ken

3. wstolar

wstolar Registered Member

I've never heard of anyone having tread seperation problems on the radial tires, but I also have never seen any local trucks with the DC Fun Countries. Do you know if the bias FC tires have a better reliablility record? I would like to get some winter snow flotation type tires and the FC seem to be the best tread pattern and width for that.

Parnelli Jones Girt Grips look not too bad also. Should be a 38-15-15 coming out in that style soon.

Walter

4. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Take mine....THERE JUNK!!!!!!!