Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Source for new 6.2L harmonic balancers?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by kennyw, Mar 17, 2005.

1. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Napa quoted me close to $100 and a 2 week delivery to order one, the Chevy dealer was $185... Anyone have a better source?

2. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

You probably won't find one less than $100. I bought mine from my local Chevy dealer for $110. The $185 is the list price, but most dealers will cut you a little better deal than that. I printed out a copy of the price of the balancer from www.gmpartsdirect.com and asked my dealer if they could match it. They came close, but it was still cheaper than gmpartsdirect because of the high shipping. You might give that a shot.

I almost bought one of the cheaper aftermarket versions, but I decided that since this is such an important part for the 6.2L, I had better stick with genuine GM parts.

Casey

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I'll give that a shot for price matching. Total is only $105 after shipping at GM parts direct though and the local dealer would have had to order it anyway.