Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Source for TBI tanks and 14 bolt disk calipers...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dyeager535, Mar 12, 2002.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

www.natauto.com

El Dorado calipers 1976-78 $65.95/each, $15 core.
    87-91 K5 31 gal fuel injection tank part number GM-14C, about $120.

Talked to the company that makes that gas tank (http://www.autobpa.com/designers/) and had them look at the plans. The baffle is to OEM specs, except that it is made out of steel, and is welded to the tank floor. Comes with the "stubby" fill neck as well already mounted.

Apparently American Designers is starting to make sending units as well, but I didn't check on prices.

Natauto said if the tank isn't as advertised, no freight charges to send it back, but after speaking to the manufacturer, it sounds like it would be a no hassle purchase anyways.

2. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the link. I am getting Bill's (Sparky87K5) 31 gallon tank and sending unit for a good price. Hope it has the baffles in good shape.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Remove the sending unit, takes all of 5 minutes...with the experiences everyone else and myself has had, I won't spend any more time looking for a "good" one...if it were to get a good sending unit, then a "cheap" FI tank would be worth it.

Had my friend check the plastic, its apparently polyethylene, and probably can't be repaired because it pretty much is saturated with fuel.

I'm not buying that tank until I'm ready to do the swap though, I don't need yet another giant fuel tank taking up space lol.

Forgot to mention, the FI tank would even be a good idea for carbed guys that spend a fair amount of times on steep inclines, as I ran out of gas with my carbed tank on my parents driveway with 1/4 tank...FI tank wouldn't have allowed that to happen. If I was going to replace a carbed tank anyway, I wouldn't bother with a "stock" replacement, I'd get the FI one.