Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Source for the rubber coated mollys for installing door mirrors?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Eric M., Dec 29, 2005.

1. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Anyone know where I might be able to pick up some of those rubber coated molly inserts which GM used to mount the exterior door mirrors? GM still has them but at a rediculous price. No luck with LMC or Chevy Duty. I can post a pic. if someone isn't sure what I'm talking about.

Thanks,

Eric M.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Are these the things with the plastic and metal fingers?

I used what are called "well nuts" to attach the spoiler to my truck, very similar in idea to what GM used, except they are all rubber besides the threaded steel sleeve inside.

If this would work, I got mine at a GOOD hardware store...the kind that has just about anything you can think of and people that understand what you are describing, and where they are in the store. :)

3. JIM88K5

JIM88K5 1/2 ton status

Pn-367292. List price $3.80 ea. The buddy deal would be $1.81 ea. Are you my buddy ?

4. ncgamedog

ncgamedog 1/2 ton status

got mine at napa exact same as gm.. they are in their balkamp line. very cheap spare change should get you enough to do the job

5. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

Jim88K5 ..... I AM your buddy!!

That is the exact part number, and as long as we're buddies, can you hook me up with the stainless steel bolts that go with that molly? It's part # 14007511.

I seem to use these things all the time, I could use about 20 of each. If you can swing it, let me know how we should do it.

Thanks ... BUDDY :laugh:

Eric M.