Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Source for Transfer Case Parts np205

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by steve85fla, Dec 15, 2002.

1. steve85fla

steve85fla Registered Member

Anyone know a good quick source for transfer case parts? I am stuck fixing my son's '76 f250 np 205, which he ran dry. The bearing race spun and put a 3" hole in the aluminum cover which holds the rear bearing for the front output yoke. Probably ever bearing in the thing is toasted.

Thanks! Steve

2. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

What all do you need, just the rear alum cover? Any good parts store or mabe a trans/transfer cas shop should have a rebuild kit with new bearings and seals. If ya need the alum cover let me know I may have one.

3. steve85fla

Thanks, I am taking it apart today, I have another one that is good, only it is a "married" case-the busted one is "divorced". I am hoping the guts are the same. Input shaft is definately different though.

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

You are right about the internals being the same except for the input shaft. You can swap the parts into the other easily. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. steve85fla

It's in bad shape, all the bearings on two of the shafts are spun, I cracked out one side of the case today pressing out the idler shaft with a hydraulic press, the shaft is so damn seized onto the bearing race. I'll try and weld it up this week, glad it's steel-welds easy. I am tempted to convert the married box into divorced by welding mounting surfaces onto it, and put the input shaft on from the old one.