Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

source of high quality battery connectors?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jekbrown, Sep 21, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Im not really a big stereo guy, but I want a really nice connection for my battery along with 0 guage cables etc. Car stereo guys seem to be into high perf bling bling style connectors so I thought I might see what that market has to offer. Anyone know of a good source that isn't priced insanely high?

I was thinkin something like these...

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/LITBCMON1

j

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've always bought the biggest Battery I can fit in the vechile, and always get dual posts. (Set up for both top posts and side posts.) Kinda makes it easy if you wanta run anything that takes a battery hook up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Plus I think it's better then any of the Bling Bling crapola.

3. jekbrown

yeah, my current die hard gold has top and side connectors.... but at some point Im prolly gonna get the big ol optima yellow top. They come in either side terminal OR top terminal... not both. Anyway, the battery is going to be mounted in the rear of my rig (or perhaps in a custom under-the-seat battery box) so I want good high quality connections. Im not going total bling bling... I am prolly gonna use welders wire for the 0-guage. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Look in the Yellow Pages under Automotive Electrical and call some of the shops that sell batteries, rebuild starters and alternators, etc. They can usually make you some pretty serious battery cables without breaking the bank. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. jekbrown

good idea on the cables. thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Im starting to wonder if the original question has any chance of being answered though. LOL!! just look for a source of connectors... online preferably. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

j

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Check out Summit Racing and do a search on "battery terminal". I think Moroso sells some.

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Im starting to wonder if the original question has any chance of being answered though. LOL!! just look for a source of connectors... online preferably.

[/ QUOTE ] Contact BozoWise BozoWise@hotmail.com He run a car stereo shop.

8. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

9. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

We carry some gold plated terminals at Autozone. I dont know what kind of quality or how much they are though. We also have brass terminals, I think they run about 2 or 3 bucks/ea.

10. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Im prolly gonna get the big ol optima yellow top. They come in either side terminal OR top terminal... not both.

[/ QUOTE ]
    My yellow top has side and top and both work fine.

Re: connectors. Pepgirls has gold connectors. Autozone too. They seem to work fine on mine, and I run a lot of electrical accessories.

11. jekbrown

12. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just noticed Farm N Fleet has some good sized cables on the rack now. Woulda saved me some money from buying it from NAPA!!

13. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've always bought the biggest Battery I can fit in the vechile, and always get dual posts. (Set up for both top posts and side posts.) Kinda makes it easy if you wanta run anything that takes a battery hook up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Plus I think it's better then any of the Bling Bling crapola.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since my blazer is an 87 all the truck stuff runs on the side posts and the 0gauge ground (distribution block to frame) and 2gauge power off the top of the battery. I just bought the battery connectors with the two bolts and the strap that you put the cable under and tighten down.
    [​IMG]

my plow truck runs off the side post and the plow hookups are on the top posts also