Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

South East CK5 Run @ Tellico Plains, N.C. 2003

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by ftn96, Apr 27, 2003.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Here are some of my pics. Too bad I didn't get to take any of myself. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Had a blast. Here they are.

I have a newly shaped driver door, tie-rod, spider web'ed hard top window, more crushed rocker than last time, and a HELL of a nest to clean up in the winch department.

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Thanks for posting so quick. One note though, that was Upper Tellico. Tellico Plains is the TN side and for the most part closed to large ORVs (Jeep sized & above is large in goverment speek). It was recently opened or will soon be opened to small ORVs (ATVs).

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Nice pics /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

After looking at those trucks I realize that mine is small and insignificant......I'm gonna go outside now and fertilize and water my tires...or maybe just kick my truck and cry /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    After looking at those trucks I realize that mine is small and insignificant......I'm gonna go outside now and fertilize and water my tires...or maybe just kick my tires and cry

[/ QUOTE ]

That's EXCACTLY what I was thinking about mine!
    <<<<<<<<<<<< See puny stock Blazer on left

Looks like a blast! One of these days we'll be big and bad!

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

looks like a blast /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    i will put that on my things to do list. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    it look like a Off Road Park is this right /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. bigjbear

It is an OHV (off-highway vechical) area. You must stay on the roads (trails), so no, its not an offroad park. All pics posted are on sections of the road. It legal may all sound like legal mobo-jumbo, but it is important in keeping the trails open. This is because it's lawyers & officals that end up writing the rules. If you were asking if this is a leagl place to wheel-Yes as long as you stay on the trail and pay the $5 day use fee.

7. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Hey Jim! Thanks for correcting my dumba$$. Also, thanks for the coffee Sunday morning! Looks like you and I shared the same fate with bent tie-rods and all. It appears to me that you and I need to get some bigger tires. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Problem I'm having right now is that I have $600 to put towards the truck and I'm not sure what I want to do first.
    Soft top, dana 60, bigger tires, different rims,
    Choices choices!!! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif WAIT, <--- Thats Decisions Decisions!!! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

PS> Good luck keeping that synthetic airplane "blood" off your skin! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. bigjbear

Glad we got to wheel together this time. No kidding on the tires, I guess I need to get serious about building the '80. I also need to do crossover, there were several times I couldn't steer /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif Decision time; do I add anything else to the '73 or get to work building a big truck. This would be a lot easier if tires weren't so "F"ing expensive. Still had a great time.