Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

South east K5 Round up at 16th annual SFWDA Dixie Run @ Tellico w/pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ftn96, Oct 6, 2002.

1. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

This was very cool. I wish I had gotten there sooner and had more time to chit chat and such as well as getting on the trails with Depdog, Yeild2me. BigJbear and Grim-Reaper.
    I rolled in at 4 am on Saturday. popped tent on the wrong side of the mountain. As I woke up the next morning and figured out I needed to go to the other side, I passed all those guys. It was soooo crowded, I never got a chance to wheel with any of them. But never the less, this was an enlightning occassion. I know what I need for the next trip. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Here are some pics of what my buddy got while he wasn't drewlling over all the other stuff going on around.
    www.nashvillek5.com/dixie2002/ /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Re: South east K5 Round up at 16th annual SFWDA Dixie Run @ Tellico

Damage list last I heard was, Yeild2me blew a u-joint(axle), then blew a knuckle. Depdog welded that up for him to wheel on, Depdog lost power steering, and Im sure that was fun turning those new 38.5's. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hope all you guys made it back ok. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Killer pic's Brandon...

I got a door just like yours, cept the door handle is ripped clean off and the glass is blown out. I did have to hit multiple trees to accomplish that though./forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Did you cut the rockers out on one side?

Rene

4. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I had cut the other out earlier anticipating swapping both rockers but doing one side at a time and that project got put on hold. But that just moved itself back up the list after this past weekend. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

That green K5 was camped near us. It was on one ton stuff. I could not find the owner, though.
    On another note, I won a bunch of Jeep CJ stuff fron the raffle. yea? I'll have a few pics next week, but I'm going on vacation so they won't be up for a while.

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

MAN I just looked at that first picture...we had to be right behind you on that. That white chevy IFS truck held us up at that hole. He finnaly got a clue that he wasn't going to make it without some hard hits and got it off to the side.
    Ohhh Fains ford got you LOL. Yeah that use to be dooable in a stock K5. I have take our 79 that is bone stock up that a few years back. I came down hard on my rockers there this weekend. Course my rockers are 3/16 and 1/4 steel so I just made a lot of noise and chipped the rock some /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Grim-Reaper

Hay I'm going to move this out of the tech forum over to the Garage.

8. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Great pics Brandon, sorry we did not get hooked up to run together. I am gonna try and get another K5 run organized for Tellico for 2003, so we can all get together and have a blast.

Depdog

9. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Glenn,

Please do that! Maybe my truck will be together by then! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm glad y'all had a good time, and everyone made it home safe and sound. Hate I couldn't make it! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Mike

10. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Please do that! Maybe my truck will be together by then!

I'm glad y'all had a good time, and everyone made it home safe and sound. Hate I couldn't make it!

[/ QUOTE ]

same here /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Okay, we will deff do it. Any suggestions on dates? Grim knows more about the weather up there at certain times. We did it in May the first two times and onece was on mothers day (not good) and May has all kinds of other crap going on up there at the same time. Should we use Crawfords camp this time?

Depdog

12. Grim-Reaper

Did anybody get pictures of your acrobatic manuver on the winch cables?

13. Grim-Reaper

Crawfors for sure! That is a super nice campground. Even if it rains we can play on thier rock garden /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    How about last weekend of April (25-27)? No holidays on that weekend and should be fairly warm but not hot (unless we get weird heat wave).

14. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Crawfords might be a good idea. With the way some spots have smoothed out there will be a lot bike &amp; atv trafic blowing by at 2 am.

15. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Hey, Nice pics.
    Glad yall all had a great time!
    What's the final detailed Carnage list?

16. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Looks like everyone had a blast--maybe in 2003 I can join up with you guys, never been in that part of the country before. I should have my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifready to do some trails like that.

BTW great pictures /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

17. MizBeyatch

MizBeyatch Registered Member

I want to give a <font color="blue">"BIG" Thank You</font color> to <font color="blue"> Yield2Me </font color> &amp; his sidekick " <font color="blue">Kenny </font color> ". They stayed after everyone else shagged &amp; worked in the <font color="red"> HOT </font color> sun, helping put the power steering pump back in so Dep could drive home! Thanks guys! Also, thanks Yield for providing a seat for the oldest, very much appreciated. I know I saw ya year before last, but I feel like I actually got to meet you this time! Believe it or not, I actually had fun! Very cool! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

18. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Hey MizBeyatch!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Sorry I didn;t say bye. It was nice meeting you. Dude was ready to go and bugging the $hit outta me to go. I was planning on staying to help Glen get the old tank up and running again.

But GRIM!!! I have a question..... Where was the white IFS Chevy that was holding everyone up at Ford's? I must have missed that one. We were hitting that at right before it started getting dark. But I was far from holding anybody back. And there wasn't but one dude out 40 standing there watching willing to help out.

Was a great trip. Im ready for another ANYTIME!!!!!!

The locker and the sliders are going in first, along with the TH400 and a dual battery kit. Im studying the Hellroaring deal. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Had a blast gents. I was thinking that maybe we could get you all to come up to Summertown and make a weekend out of it. There is plenty fun there for even the big dog's. Axle breaker hill, the tunnel and a few others will be sure to give you what it is you seek. THE RUSH!!!!

Peace!!!

Where's everyone else's pics???? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

19. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Seriously... You all check out these pics.

Summertown TN

20. Grim-Reaper

The white truck in the background of this picture was holding us up. What time did you comethrough that section?
    [​IMG]