Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

South Texas guys- WTF is up in Nuevo Laredo???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

DO any of you live near the Mexican border in Texas? I've been reading a bunch of news stories about the border city of Nuevo Laredo where the Mexican Army and federal agents had to move in and take control because the local police force was involved heavily in the local drug trade.

Heck, the last guy who volunteered to become chief of police was shot down within 7 hours of being sworn in!!!!!!! And when a convoy of Mexican Federal agents was ambushed on the way into town, it was dicovered that the attackers were in fact police officers defending their turf!!!!!!! :confused:

WTF is going on down there?

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

im tellin ya, we need to partol the border in 1 tonned K5s with turret mounted .50 cals. if it moves, kill it.

3. oldassjeep

oldassjeep Registered Member

Actually this type of stuff has been going on for a few years. It never garnished national attention till now. For a long time several drug cartels have controled cities south of the border. Usually it is the cartel leaders killing each other and other competition. I attend a Mexican drug cartel update about every 3-4 months just to keep up with who is dead and who is in charge. The killing of the police chief was the work of the Zetas.
    Pronounced Set -Tas. They are a CIA trained commando group that was originally banded to combat the cartels. However the lure of big money caused several hundred of these fighters to join forces with the cartels. They are now basically hit squads, no real allegence to any one particular group, just following the money.

It's gonna get worse. Hopefully they'll keep it on thier side of the border.

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Thanks for taking the time to fill me in, brother. I never fully trust that what I read from any news source is the full story....

5. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I live about 3 hours north of the border. I haven't heard anything about that stuff but it doesnt suprise me one damn bit. Mexico sucks, especially the border. The mexicans here suck bad enough I cant imagine how bad it is down there with the ones that arent smart enough to get across.

6. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

It's the same thing that's always going on down there. The rich are staying rich, and the poor are staying poor. There is little, if any, middle class in Mexico. The corruption is crazy.. and the police there are the worst.

My friends dad knew a guy who retired and bought a new Bronco & bass boat back in the early 80's. He had planned on fishing all over Mexico. Somewhere out on a highway in Mexico .. on his way to the next lake.. a cop pulled him over. He gets out to talk to the cop and the cop walks right past him, get's into his Bronco and drives away with it and his boat.. the cops partener then follows him with the cop car. They not only stole his new stuff.. they left him out in th emiddle of some freakin desert too. Let's just say he never went fishing there again.. and it was the last he saw of the Bronco & boat.

Freakin' trolls.... :mad:

7. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

No BS, hispanicpanic (some might know him, most don't) was down in jaurez (biggest border town) was sittin down eating a burrito (yes the stereotypes are true :grin: ) across the street was a red tahoe. A white sub rolls up and unloads on the tahoe. everyone in the tahoe (4 people if i remember correctly) a mother with her child (passersby) and another passerby were kiled. nothing was done about it. as a matter of fact, "nobody saw anything." the "cops" came and cleaned up the mess and life carried on. the next day it was in the paper.

8. google

google 1/2 ton status

But the donkey show is good. Donkey walks out, and the mexican build like Tyson punches it in the head. Then the hooker comes out..... i'm sure you know the rest

9. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I have a lot of friends that are from Juarez, Brownsville, Matamoros. It's not a very uncommon thing down there. I don't see how some people are brave (or stupid) enough to go down there and get drunk and try to walk or drive back across the border. You couldn't pay me to do it.

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i think its the seconed option.

so desporato was TRUE then?
    or was it man on fire?

11. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

What's your question?

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

just stating that the mexico shone in movies like desperado, and man on fire ( i think that was mexico) really does exest!

13. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah, not as elobarate as the movies, but there is a lot of corruption in Mexico. Police answer to who has the most money practically.

14. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

which is basically what we have here in the US, but instead of the police its the courts/lawyers. You can kill 23 people in broad day light with 100 witnesses, but if you're rich and/or famous, you ain't gonna be found guilty. OJ, Blake, Jacko... all guilty as HELL... all "not guilty" according to the "justice" system.

j