Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Southeast offroad park, it's possible

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bogginnut, Jul 3, 2002.

1. bogginnut

bogginnut Registered Member

Southeast offroad park, it\'s possible

Here's the deal, I have got my foot in the door with the local Parks and Rec. Dept. in Jacksonville, FL. and was told to get as many signatures as possible. The mayors term is up, and he wants me to have as many as possible collected for when the new people take office, which gives me major leverage to bring to the table, so to speak. I had another post going here inquiring interest, and had a few possitive responses. I'm gonna send those people direct mail, but for anyone else who can help me, I can send you a copy of the petition [as soon as I finish making it up] for out of towners who would make the trip. All help is greatly appreciated. This thing could happen.
    Thanks,
    Sean Williams

2. bogginnut

Re: Southeast offroad park, it\'s possible

Forgot to mention, the more out of town signatures I can get, the better. That would show the politicians that non local money will come to town, thus improving the local economy. Help me out guys. Thanks
    Sean

3. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

i am in ga i would love to have a place to go there are alot of other ones here on this site that would help out too so come on guys if he is serious and does have something going about this we need to help out if we can.

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I responded to your P/M, I am not sure how much help I can be but send me a copy of the petition. Email is in my profile.

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'm in Alabama and I'm interested. Send me a copy when it's ready!

John

6. stump_puller

stump_puller 1/2 ton status

I'll sign it too.

7. bogginnut

O.K. fellas, everyone who responds gets a copy, and hopefully it snowballs from there. This is probably gonna be a slow process, but I'm gonna stick with it. I'm also putting up request on other boards [ I also own 2 Heeps and a Yota] for others to help the cause. Be patient, I Will get them to ya. Thanks for your time.
    Sean

8. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

You might want to post your completed petition to a web site so people can just print it out. That way you won't need to send everyone a copy.

9. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

I'll sign it for you. Cant reallly say I would be coming anytime soon but I will do anything to help get some new off road parks up and going. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

10. bogginnut

Now I hear I may have to get some sort of "official petition sheet" from city hall instead of making up my own. Was told signatures may not get counted unless they are on their special sheet. I won't be able to find out for sure till next week. Like I've said before, this will be a slow process, but I'm committed to it. I'll keep everyone posted as I find out things. Thanks again to all,
    Sean

11. bogginnut

I'm gonna move this thread over to the Garage, so it won;t be in a vehicle specific thread. To update those interested, I am getting vey positive feedback from the 3 boards I have posted on, which is here[my favorite], NAXJA, and the Pirate board. These 3 are the only ones I am a member of, but I plan on joining others just to seek help.Keep em coming.
    Thanks, Sean Williams

12. Pure Insanity

Send an Email to Eric Hermann over at Suncoast Flatlanders. There should be a link on their site to Email him. I think hes the prez.

Sun Coast Flat Landers

EDIT! Eric isnt the prez. The guys name is Brian Helton. Email links are at the bottom of their homepage. I know they used to have a small forum also that anyone could post in.

13. Pure Insanity

14. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

15. bogginnut

This thing is starting to snowball. I couldn't be happier with all the responses I'm getting from several BB's. I should have the forms early this week, then I can start sending them out. Keep em coming fellas. Sean

16. bogginnut

Nice work Pureinsanity. Gonna check that lead right now. Sean

17. Pure Insanity

/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Hopefully youll have better luck than we did down here. We had a guy from Tampa willing to spend 10 mil. of his money in little ole Zephyrhills, to build a drag strip and road course. No matter how much the locals rallied together, petitions we got signed ETC. it just couldnt be pulled off. (I personally got close to 500 signatures alone) I heard of #s in the 10s of thousands for a total. We were faxing the petition to speed shops all over central Fla. The old fogies around here screamed louder I guess, and the guy gave up.

Good luck. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

18. bogginnut

Man, that would suck big time. We voted in a local tax increase called The Better Jacksonville Plan. Now the city is spending major money buying land all over for community parks. God knows we've got the land, Jacksonville is like the second largest city land wise in the U.S. I think. Geez, if I had 10 Million, I wouldn't need a petition, I'd build my own place and retire off it. There's definately a following. Sean

19. Pure Insanity

The guy was a lawyer that loved motorsports. It caused one hell of a ruckus in town. I will say that ALL the local motorheads were on their best behavior. LOL! I dont think I even heard anyone rev an engine while this was going on. Where the guy screwed up was that he announced it too early. Had he waited a month or so to make the announcement that he was gonna build this motorsports complex, the snowbirds would have been gone. The old folks that travel back and forth every year dont see the fact that when they all leave for the summer, Zhills dies for a few months till they come back. So they didnt see the economic benefit to having that place. The strange thing is that the lawyer has never been heard from again as far as opening a track anywhere. He definately seen the potential for it.

20. bogginnut

Hopefully I won't make any major mistakes along the way. This is gonna be one time consuming mutha though. My wife says I;ve been sending emails in my sleep. Starting to believe her. I gotta get a more comfortable chair at my computer desk. My ass is not digging this hard chair. Hmm, I wonder if my reclyner will fit in here? I think I'll try it. Later, Sean