Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SouthEast Trail Run.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Depdog, Jul 25, 2000.

1. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Saw a few posts about a SouthEast Trail run. In May I put one on in Tellico, going to do it agian either late this year or again next year. People who are interested please keep watching this board. If you would Like to make a run To Tellico, which is in the Natahala National Forest just above Murphy NC, please think of a weekend date and then check to be sure its not a Holiday weekend (been there done that WONT do it again).

There were 5 of us all together last year and even with the nasty weather, we had a ball. The trials are very challenging and some are not passable by full-size rigs without major body damage. I will not do a trail where I know I cant fit without body damage, accidental damage is something I can live with, but going where I wont fit I wont do. Jan through April and sometimes May there is a good chance of Snow on the ground. Not real fond of it, but Grims Club does a winter madness run up there every year.

Please email me with dates and as soon as we figure this out I will email back with the weekend and post.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Dep,
    I'm opting for a big Tellico run some time next year. A one kinda like the Y2K5 run. Reason I say next year, is b/c I just checked the map and Murphy, NC is over 600miles from me. That right there requires lots planning and motivation on my part. But that's just me though. If yall want to do it sooner, then by all means, please do. But I'm opting for next year in March or April.
    Boss

3. MTPockets

MTPockets 1/2 ton status

hey depdog,
    i recently joined a club down here in fl., suncoast flatlanders. i havent done anything with them yet (they are in tampa) but they meet often and i check the website frequently. they do an annual run in tellico the weekend before thanksgiving. maybe then? a little cooler and its not a holiday.
    i drove my rig to monteagle for the rosser roundup and i wont do that again. i will be putting her on a trailer for the next one. u-haul if i have to. i finally got a lockrite for the front, still working on the rocker guards though.
    talk to you later,
    MTPockets.