Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Southern Chopper

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thatK30guy, Jan 26, 2004.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Man, what a joke! That Randy dude trying to act tough and cussing like big Paul Tuetul, Sr. from American Chopper. What a frickin moronic joke!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

American Chopper is bad enough, now this [darn]? Man... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. thatK30guy

But Pauls Sr. and Jr. are fun and awesome to watch. Funny as hell when they fight. They set the norm and now everyone else thinks its cool to do so and they fight now just to get their 15 minutes of fame. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

American Chopper is getting kinda gay anymore, All the fighting is staged and Paul jr. wearing Expensive sun glasses while fabbing a Bike..Ya Ok. Their Bikes are o.k but they can't hold a candle to Jesse james or Billy lane...

5. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Ya it was staged so bad, when the guys were throwin those bags of peanuts around he looked like "Hell we used to do this, now w/ this camera here i gotta be tough, 'What in the #$%^ are you doing?!' "

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

As usual, they start off with a good concept show, it makes money, so they try EVERY DAMN KINDA spinn off to make more money and we(the watching public) are gonna get so sick of it, that we lose interest. American Chopper is awesome, I thought southern chopper was a joke. Although it is a craft, they did "act" like the O.C.C. guys. And, I thought that purple bike was Ugly!

But thats just me. Monster Garage is awesome, But look at all the spinoff from that now. I think Monster house is funny! It seeems NONE of the guys there can ever get along without some fight breaking out. Jerry springer with hammers!!

7. thatK30guy

I lost interest and respect for Monster Garage and JJ after the rock crawler Bronco. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I like watching them make the parts like the frame, tank, ...ect.

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I have to agree with ya there, Wes...

10. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I lost interest and respect for Monster Garage and JJ after the rock crawler Bronco. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree too.

I watched it too and gave it a C+. The owner does not look like a tough guy to be coming across that way. His belly hangs out too much.

I think they ham it up for the camera. Much like American Hotrod.

11. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I agree. My wife and I watched the first few minutes of it and laughed because we thought it was a joke. I went back later and saw when the one guy left and "Randy" got his paint ball gun and started shooting everyone, if he had of shot me with that thing, I would have shoved the bike up his a**. I will not waste my time looking at such crap as that.

12. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

They didn't air down in that bronco. And jesse broke the driveshaft by getting on it in the wrong spot. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I think just about all of the reality shows are played out myself. Time for some fresh ideas.... The OCC theme bikes are pretty cool to look at but in my opinion the product they sell to the public is for the most part tacky. At Sturgis last year most people did not even give the choppers a second look but if a nice Harley cruised by it got some attention. Trust me, in the real biker community the choppers are chuckled at.

It is fun to look at the bikes and admire the craftmanship though for the most part. I have incorporated a couple of the ideas into my own bikes. I think Bourget has some pretty nice looking and functional bikes. I like the tube style swing arms and such. Like someone previously mentioned Billy Lane has some pretty sharp work as well.

I think OCC should give some credit where credit is due too. The finishing welders and fabricaters behind the scenes they never show. Ever notice that Paul Jr. usually tacks a piece into place? There is a lot of body work and a major amount of hours behind the scenes on each bike..... Anyway..rambling on here again...

John

14. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

That just shows how peoples opinions vary. I don't like the Bourget bikes at all. Don't get me wrong, he makes a good product, just not my style.
    As for people laughing at choppers..haven't seen this myself. Up until about 3 years ago I was hangin with the type of biker crowd your mother warned you about. If it's built nice it gets some respect. Of course most of the guys I knew would rather steal it /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

15. chevyracing

Didn't say laughed at said "chuckled" at, bit of a difference. The crowd I hang out with in Sturgis (at the Buffalo Chip) are more into show the action and less into the poser stuff. But, I do have a brand loyalty issue with Harley too, don't know why, I guess I just do. Nothing against the choppers or jap bikes at all, I have owned some of each, but I just can't seem to shake HD> LOL!. Anyway, that is why we live in America, to voice our opinions freely and I will defend your right to be wrong anyday. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John

16. SCJimmy

SCJimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I think OCC should give some credit where credit is due too. The finishing welders and fabricaters behind the scenes they never show. Ever notice that Paul Jr. usually tacks a piece into place? There is a lot of body work and a major amount of hours behind the scenes on each bike..... Anyway..rambling on here again...

John

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the frames, fenders, motors, wheels, tanks, etc. are all out-sourced. They make some really cool theme bikes, but their showroom stuff looks pretty much production line to me.

Personally, I like seeing a fabricator using multiple skills, metal working, machining, etc., as well as welding and parts fab.

I thought it was really cool to see "Crazy Larry" hand build a set of wire spoked rims on one of the build off shows. The independant builders really show how multi-skilled they are to be a small shop producing world class work.

Waaaay more talented than me! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. chevyracing

Much more talented than me also..... J&P Cycles sends me a Christmas card and a birthday bouquet every year I buy so much stuff from them.. I wish I could fab my own goodies as well.

John

18. lady bog

lady bog 1/2 ton status

I'm pretty sure they still make a better bike then any of your guys though.

19. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Easy there missy /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

20. thefarside

thefarside 1/2 ton status

I just saw it OMG what a rip off of American Chopper! At first I thought it was just a spoof and then shocked when I realised it wasn't. Still thought the bike was ok, I hated he handle bars and pipes.