Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Southern Illinois

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by NerdBoy, Nov 5, 2003.

1. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

Just curious, I have been around this forum a few dozen times, and I can't seem to find anyone from the southern Illinois area. Is this a dead area for CK5ers? I would think that, with the Shawnee National Forest down here, there would be someone that calls this area home.

So, what about it? Anyone?

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Im in Springfield, but I think that Im the farthest south. I know there are some guys around St. Louis but thats it.

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I'm from right between you both (Granite City) but am currently living in Delaware. Chances are good that I will be moving back in the summer to Scott Air Force Base

4. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

Heh. Granite City. I'm familiar with that town. I'm originally from Highland, just a little ways a away.
    Moved down here to go to school, and stayed....

I just wish I had known that I would be so danged isolated here...

5. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Can anyone saaayy... Sauget?

I lived in St. Louis for 6 years and worked for an Engineering firm there. I had to be "on assignment" at the WG Krummrich plant in Sauget for about 2 years. Right near the T-T bars! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I live in Columbia, MO now. There is supposedly an area near Granite City - mostly mud pits though.

6. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I live in Fairview Heights. I'd be curious about something in Shawnee? Got anything in mind?

I've got friends that 4-wheel from Freeburg, Smithton, Belleville, and around here.

Where at in southern IL, Carbondale?

7. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

Actually, Herrin. 15 minutes from Carbondale (where I work)
    See, the problem is that I don't know anyone with a 4x4 down here, and so I can't find anything in the Shawnee. I have heard rumors that there are places to wheel, but I have yet to find them...

8. big pappa b

[ QUOTE ]
    Can anyone saaayy... Sauget?

Right near the T-T bars! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Diamond cabaret, PLatinum club, PT's, Crystal palace, ,The new "hustler club", Roxy's /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Nope never saw any nudie bars /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    Actually was a bouncer at PT's and Diamond Cabaret for about 2 years

9. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

I saw that new Hustler Club on my way out to pick up a tranny & transfer case from a guy in Fairview Heights last Sunday.

Neil, we need to go check that one out!

10. big pappa b

Just don't venture too far from the club. That neighborhood is not the nicest..ie: your the wrong color,,,,but the club is GOOD /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

I live 5 mins from the husler club. It used to be Deja' Vu, a national chain, and The Jewel Box before that. Back then,4-5 years ago, it was a metal building with a gravel parking lot. Not that I know anything about it.

I drive by the place everyday on my way to and from work.

And he ain't lying about the 'hood. In high school my camaro was stolen and was found stripped and burned /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif out about 3 blocks from the boobie bar. On the other side of the interstate is where Assumption High School used to be. Now it is a minimum security prison.

Now there is some irony in that somewhere! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Todd, where in Fairview did you buy the case and tranny, I might know the guy!

12. Mudzer

[ QUOTE ]
    Just don't venture too far from the club. That neighborhood is not the nicest..ie: your the wrong color,,,,but the club is GOOD /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Caint you teel from hees voice? Him's da write colla' brofha'. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Mudzer

[ QUOTE ]
    I saw that new Hustler Club on my way out to pick up a tranny & transfer case from a guy in Fairview Heights last Sunday.

Neil, we need to go check that one out!

[/ QUOTE ]

Roadtrip!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Orion, the guy's name was Adam. He wants to swap a whole bunch of Chevy junk for a Yota 4Runner I have for sale!

Neil...Roadtrip, right on!

15. big pappa b

[ QUOTE ]
    and from work.

And he ain't lying about the 'hood. In high school my camaro was stolen and was found stripped and burned /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif out about 3 blocks from the boobie bar. On the other side of the interstate is where Assumption High School used to be. Now it is a minimum security prison.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so you know where the prison is. If you start back east on 64 towards fairview, about 1/2 mile from the prison on the same side you can see what use to be a neighborhood. It's now a bunch of leveled homes. I grew up there for 16 years. The lone white farmhouse between the prison and the old neighborhood belongs to my dad still. Wanna buy it? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

16. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

How much $$??
    Got an address, is there a for sale sign up anywhere?

17. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

im confused,.

where exactly is the hustler club where the 'hood' is ?

sounds like somewhere in this state i will never be going to, dang..

i am in lincoln, which is right on i-55 at exits 123 through 126, about 30 miles north of springfield

outlaw612 is the closest CK5 member to me that im aware of /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

a little tiny town called kenney about 12 miles away from here has the well known wildside cabaret, i used toave membership card to there, its a great place these days very active every night /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif