Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Southern parts in Michigan?!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by indiana88, Apr 24, 2003.

1. indiana88

indiana88 1/2 ton status

Anybody ever heard of a place in Imlay (sp) Michigan called Southern Truck Parts, or something similar? I seen their ad in Auto and Rv and wondered if anybody dealt with them. They say they specialize in rust free GM truck, Blazer, and Suburban parts from doors, fenders, front clips, and whole bodies. Their number is (810)724-2357. The ad says they will even do all the labor. How far is Imlay from Indianapolis?

2. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

Well i dont know where imlay is but i know where their prices are, through the roof!! I called and asked them about a k5 body and they told me they had one and it needed a door and they would let it go for $3700 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I hung up on them at that point and figured i could buy a complete k5 in good shape for that kind of money. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. toynova

toynova Guest

Imlay City is about six hrs from Indy. About 45mins north of Detriot. I've been by there and they are way to high. You would be better off putting a ad here in the Wanted Ads. There is alot of Southern folks on here maybe somebody got what you want.

4. bad_bo_ti

bad_bo_ti 1/2 ton status

if i remember correctly, a buddy of mine bought a whole blazer tub, minus doors, but had all the interior, he bought it from a guy right here in the town i live in, he said he only charged him 1000!!! if anyone wants the number let me know and i will track it down.

5. indiana88

indiana88 1/2 ton status

Well, I guess I should've known they would be way too high. Thanks for the response. I would be interested in rust free parts, but I don't have the money yet to put it up onto the parts wanted list.

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

what are you wanting? I have a rust free '86 frontend in the for sale section...just trying to help you and me both. Chicago.