Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spaced out TBI

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddysub, Jun 24, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

if i got an injector spacer and a TBI spacer would i notice any gain in power? i would like to have some more power and getting 4.56s will help (they're on the way) but i wanna help the engine out some too. i have a th400 so i don't have to worry about a TV cable and it seems to be pretty easy too. so how much would this combo cost me : injector spacer and TBI spacer?

2. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I wouldn't worry about the injector spacer, but the tbi spacer can give you a little torque and hp, not much but a little. You should notice it in the seat-of-your-pants test. They cost between $25 and $50.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

The injector spacer is good for 1-2 MPG better fuel economy. What the injector spacer does is to raise the injectors up out of the TBI a little to increase air flow and it also gives a better fuel spray pattern. www.turbocity.com sells them for $20.00

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Get the multiple performance package from turbocity.com (Air flow enhancer, Injector spacer, and 1/2" TBI spacer ) costs about 100 bucks. I put these on my K5 and I was very happy with the power/torque increase. But you should at least have a good flowing aftermarket exhaust system to get the most out of these mods. The TBI mods work to increase the flow and velocity. If you cant get it out the exhaust pipe they wont do a lot of good.
    I also like the adjustable fuel pressure regulator. It helped to dial everything in. They advertise that it only goes up to 13 lbs but in reality you can get 15 psi out of it. You just turn the pressure up till you get the best performance.

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

thanks!! i'll look into the multiple performance kit.