Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spacer for front driveshaft

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by subsidize, Sep 4, 2000.

1. subsidize

subsidize Registered Member

I'm in need of spacer that goes between the transfer case and the front driveshaft, after installing a 6" lift I like about an inch before the cups seat. Has anyone had good luck with these? I'm moving north and want the spacer for a temporary fix till I get settled and find someone to retube.

Chas.

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

If you're going to get the shaft redone anyway, why not just pull it untill you can get it done, then you don't have to worry about a spacer or any problems till then.

3. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

Check Superlift I think that they sell a 1" spacer. If not it maybe Procomp.

4. subsidize

I've got it out right now because its a daily driver, I'm moving from Oklahoma to Northern Montana in about 3 weeks and I would rather not get caught in snow storm with out it or before I get it retubed.

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I have a bud that has been running one for years without any problem. He says it makes servicing the CV easier he said since it moved it foward some. It's a pretty perment way to do the job it seems. Also the pace I use will retube a shaft for $50. Don't know what the spacer cost but my local guy here gets most things done the same day that are dropped off be fore noon are ready by 5. No offence but sounds like a waste of money if your going to retube anyway.
    the poor guy :)

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have one and have had it on for about 2 years now with no problems. But if you are going to re-tube, I would retube now and get it over with.

If you can find a place like Grim is going to, that is a hard price to beat!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

7. subsidize

Hey guys thanks for all the input, I checked with the local driveline shop and the wanted $175.00 to retube and add a couple of inches. They are telling me that front shafts with the CV joint are more work and that they would have to install all new u-joints which upped the cost.
    I did find a 1" spacer for $43 but think I will look around for a better deal. Has anyone taken driveshafts to a regular machine shop and had good luck? I've had some PTO shafts done for some farm equipment that turn at 1500-1700 rpm constantly and had no problem for around $35-50

Thanks Again

Chas.