Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spacers between rear wheel and drum?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85-454blazer, May 25, 2004.

1. 85-454blazer

85-454blazer Registered Member

I just bought a bone stock 87 K5 in very good condition. I plan on leaving stock for the most part and using as a daily driver and local shows, etc. I can't stand how the rear wheels set inside the fenders more than the front. Any advice or suggestions on spacers? Am I risking unacceptable bearing wear, etc. Thanks. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

3. 85-454blazer

85-454blazer Registered Member

Thanks for your input. 1 1/2 is what I figured also. Found a set on ebay - should be on the way. Will update with results. Thanks again. Jerry

4. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

Jerry huh. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I've running a pair of 1.5 inch ers on mine for about 7 years now and had no problems, just had to keep re-torqueing the lugs till they fully seated which only took about 4 tries. They make up for the width difference in the axles. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    just had to keep re-torqueing the lugs till they fully seated which only took about 4 tries.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the key! A re-torque every 50-100 miles till they stay put. What did you torque them to?

6. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

can't remember, I think it was 125lbs but not sure. They've been on there for years and everytime I remove the wheels I check them and they're tight.

7. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

It will make the rear end look really wide and some times its hard geting usto (talking form experience)

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    It will make the rear end look really wide and some times its hard geting usto (talking form experience)

[/ QUOTE ] I don't see how that could be. The 1.5" spacer per side will make it as wide as the front axle. Isn't that the whole point ??? To line up the rear tire track with the front tire track. Personally I would like my rear tires to line up with my front tires. I can run the same backspacing on my wheels and it won't look goofy.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I personally feel that wheel spacers are unsafe and would not run them on my rig, but to each their own....