Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spacers, Crossmember and 700R4 swap

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sickquad, Jul 23, 2003.

1. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Ok, so I'm new here. I have a 1985 Fullsize Blazer which I am putting a 700r4 in place of the th350 and it also has a NP203. I have searched the board but I still have a couple of questions even though this has been asked a hundred times before.

What is the deal with the spacers which are between my tranny crossmember and the frame. Do I need those? The truck had a 700r4 originally, so that means I can use the other holes in the frame with the current crossmember?

Thanks for any info.

Chris

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

THey come from the factory, keep them, you might use them to lower the tc when you lift the truck! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

just wanted to say that i'm impressed!! your first post and you're already orange!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

So does that mean that when I put the 700 up I won't need the spacers?

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

No, your probably gonna need the spacers with the 700 and the tranny will bolt into the existing holes in the frame...

6. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, I think I'll measure where this one is and try and make it the same. Then deal with the driveshaft. Anybody know if this could be from the original 700r4?