Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spacing Transfer case down. Newbie question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTBLAZER89, Aug 9, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey quick question. My case is already spaced down an in will another quarter inch hurt anything? I am trying to fix driveline vibes. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. jrsheets

jrsheets Registered Member

i don't think so, but i wouldn't go to much farther if it doesn't work. Id start looking at different options

3. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Check and see how much clearance you have between the distributor & the firewall. It's pretty close at an inch already. When you drop the t-case it causes the back of the engine to pivot down. I had an inch on my old K5 and i had to turn the rear plug ends to the side to keep from being mashed into the firewall. I know in my old K5 I prolly didn't have the 1/4" to spare.

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well I only went 1/8th inch more vibes are a little better, but still there from 20-40 MPH. I guess I'll try some bigger shims on the rear. Anyone know what degree shims come with 4" Superlift springs, and how much more I should go to increase for the 1" zerorate. Thats where the vibes came from I am pretty sure. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif