Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spanish Set to Become Official Language of Seven Denver Public Library Branches

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dontoe, Aug 8, 2005.

1. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

F'n sick...and I moved from San Antonio to get away from that ****.

3. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

This is what I just wrote to the Denver Public Library.

I have just read that you are planning on opening 7 Spanish only libraries. I find this absolutely abhorrant. I currently reside in Arizona. When the question came on the ballot to make English the official language of the state government you can, I am sure, guess which way my vote went. If folks wish to reside in this country and enjoy all of the freedoms and qualities of life that we all sometimes take for granted, they can at least learn English. If I were to move to say, Germany, I promise you I would learn German to the best of my ability. I'm gonna crawl out on a limb here and say that you will be receiving a mass quantity of e-mails that will mirror my thoughts.

To diplomatic?

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Well said. In fact, what is the e-mail address?

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

http://www.denver.lib.co.us/

Please, please, please everybody flood the Denver Public Library.

Oh and tell all your friends to do the same.

6. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    That makes me sick, I feel the same way. If you want to live in America then learn to speak english! Other countries find it disrespectful to come to their country and not speak their language. Here we are changing our laguage to make people from other countries happy! What happened to Americans having balls, thats the problem with this country IMO, we just try to please too many people. What a joke!

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Una vez que usted los gringos realice la onda del futuro y consiga con el programa, todo estará fresco entre nosotros. Andele!!!!!!!!!

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Soooo...... We use radios where I work to communicate, since most of the time we can't just walk up to whoever we need something from....

There is a lady on our janitorial staff who doesn't speak any english, and she got a phone call... The dude working the phones spent 2 years in Mexico, so he speaks spanish fluently, and decided to call her over the radio in spanish... Then have a cow when the manager on duty told him we speak English on the radio :haha: Something about "America doesn't have an official language so she shouldn't have to learn English" or something like that... I was all, frickin move to Mexico then if you want everyone to speak spanish :rolleyes: We may not have an "official" language, but when most (what, 90%?) of the people speak ONE LANGUAGE, don't you think it would be a good idea to learn at least a small amount of that language before coming here???

On a happier note, somewhat along the same lines... My brother's wife, who learned most of the English she knows from him, is becoming an American citizen tomorrow morning after getting a 100% on the test :eek1: :D :D :D Hurrah for Mexican's doing what they should do when they come here!

9. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Americans...the endangered species...

I hate hearing forigen languages being spoken here!..this is AMERICA dammit! :usaflag: :usaflag: --speak english or get the F%&* outta here!..... :angry1: :angry1: I live in an area with a high percentage of Portugeese people..hardly ANY speak english,and now many stores only hire "Bi-Lingual" people to work there,so they "feel at home",and can grab the cash from them...

I think its insane to teach spanish in our schools...bad enough all the immigrants come here to sponge off of us--they could at least speak our language!...ticks me off when I get a letter from our state health plan,or the RMV,and its written in ten different languages!..a waste of ink!...How do theese people drive if they cant read the road signs??? :mad: :mad:

We cant move to mexico and expect them to speak english to us!--so why should we kiss the butts of those who wont speak english here??...we are too soft,we are too "politically correct" nowadays...now they cant call indians "redskins"--what will they call all the sports teams now??--"Crimson Americans"???..this country is :screwy: :screwy:

Maybe all us white native born americans should just hand over our country to the foriegners--they already ruined most of it anyway...its not far off that WE will be the minority here.... :mad1: --makes me sick to see all the benifits and assistance they can get here--while americans get no such help at all..we are an endangered species--our own government encourages immigrants to come here and live the "good life",but denies its own people the same --we get to PAY their way,while WE live in poverty.... :angry1:

10. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Can I get an AMEN :bow: :bow: :bow:

11. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Grandfather from Poland , right off the boat , he learned English .
    Grandmother from Russia ( before 1917 ) right off the boat . she learned English . ( moms side was here already , Appalachian white )

I never heard them speak any language but English in front of me . My Father , their son , never heard anything but English from them , and only speaks English .

There were plenty of Polish language newspapers and such in their stuff we found when they passed . Yet they never pushed aanything on the rest of US .

Learned English , Got jobs , bought a home , adapted , lived the American dream !!!!

Everyone speak ENGLISH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Once you the gringos carry out the wave of the future and obtain with the program, all will be fresh among us. Walk him

i think i get what you are saying but you and not march in to the usa and demand that the country bend to your every need and what would you give back

13. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Usted los gringos tomó nuestra tierra de nosotros. Ahora nos estamos volviendo a la toma detrás cuál es legítimo los nuestros. Mejor consiga utilizado a hablar ojos blancos españoles.................... :D

15. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

It was stolen/taken/won/bought from someone else in the first place !!!!!

The stronger group just KEPT it :D

16. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

i swear, this pisses me off soooo bad. i live in north carolina which is like mexican area. seriously i remember reading somewhere that north and south carolina has the highest population of mexicans per square feet or something of any other state. i failed the language twice in school. LEARN ENGLISH!!!

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Aquí es donde le confunden mi amigo. Los ojos blancos lo tomaron por la fuerza, pero con nuestras táctica, estamos asimilando reservado nuestra propia cultura en América. Usted ve, el movimiento liberal ha tomado el plomo en nuestro movimiento, sólo él no lo sabe. DE LARGO VIVO DE LOS DEMÓCRATAS :haha:

18. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

That about sums it up.

The white liberals along with powerful racial minorities are behind all of this, and they seem to be winning. I know I am concerned. My Dad say's the USA is the first nation (notice I did not say "country", their is a difference...) to decide to committ suicide.

A "nation" is defined by it BORDERS.

A "nation" is defined by it's LANGUAGE.

A "nation" is defined by it's RELIGION.

A "nation" is is defined by it's RACE.

A "nation" is defined by it's ART & MUSIC.

A nation is defined by the difficulty of it's assimiliation/ and study required to become CITIZIN.

Man, what a mess we've got.

Civil War II, here we come... :doah:

19. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

el jinete de la sirena habla sabiamente la atención las palabras del calderon del oficial

20. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

can i get an AMEN on that one too? :saweet: